Cobra Alarm

Jean  Ray

Hi everyone,

This is the first time we have posted although we have been reading all your threads over the last few months and find it very interesting and helpful. We have picked up a good few tips off you all (including the one about staying outside the ticket office in Calais) which we did last Sunday night!

We have been motorhoming for the past 15 years and are on our 5th van.

We have got an Autotrail Cheyenne 660 SE which we orderd in May last year and got delivery at the end of October which was a month earlier than quoted.

We have been reading your threads about the recalls with interest and we must admit we were worried about all the faults that people were reporting but we are pleased to say that up till now we are very pleased and have had no problems YET on our Fiat. It is a 130 multijet.

However, this is our first trip in our new van (couldn't get away any sooner as Ray has had a knee operation) which is coming along fine now.

Unfortunately, with the excitment of getting away, we have left the instruction manual for the Cobra alarm at home. If there is anyone out there who can tell us how to alarm the van at night when we go to bed, it would be very much appreciated.

We remember the demo about pressing the little button on the dash but can't remember the sequence, it was something like pressing 3 times or pressing for 3 seconds but we have tried and it isn't right. Meanwhile we do have straps across the doors so we still feel safe but would feel better if we could alarm it properly.

At the moment we are on a site near St Raphael which is near to Cannes.

The weather isn't brill at the moment but it is better than all the snow we had all the way down as far as Rouen.

Hope someone can help

Jean & Ray

Jean and Ray.

Depending on which Cobra alarm you have. Instructions for the Cobra Globe 3100 are as follows.

Key Fob. A/ Large thumb pad.

B/ Small thumb Pad

1. Arm the system pressing button A

2. Press button B within 40 seconds. But make sure that all doors and

alarmed lockers are closed first.

There should be an acoustic signal from the buzzer to confirm that

signal has been received.

PANIC ALARM.

Press button B to set off Panic Alarm but only after 40 second period.

Press any button to interrupt the panic alarm.

Hope this is of some help.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that but our Cobra system is 4908. It is not a fob. It is built into the key that locks the central locking and there is a button on the dashboard that I remember at the demo comes into the equation if you want to disarm the alarm inside the van whilst the doors stay alarmed.

(A bit like a pet mode).

Cheers

Jean & Ray

Best I can do is this:-

Cobra 4908 Thatcham cat 2 to 1 using original remote

Cobra 4908 alarm and immobiliser features

-

Alarm makes use of the existing car remote control to arm the alarm when the doors are locked and disarm the alarm when the doors are opened.

-

Ultrasonic detector for protecting the interior, hard top cars only.

Cobra 4908 review

Uses the existing vehicles remote controls, If your vehicle has a factory fitted remote locking system, you can convert it into a full alarm system with this Thatcham cat 2 to alarm upgrade. The existing key-fob remote 'plip' will continue to lock and unlock your car as normal, but will simultaneously control the alarm system to provide additional protection for your vehicle and valuables.

Thatcham Cat 2 to 1 number for Cobra 4908

TU2 – 1362/0606

More information about Cobra 4908

Head office telephone number, official website details or direct email address for product support, warrantee and dealers

http://www.cobravehiclesecurity.co.uk

01932 732331

I've checked the Cobra web site but the 4908 isn't listed for some reason.  There is a bit on their web site which says . . . . . "If your enquiry is really urgent, please try phoning the UK Vestatec Cobra office on 00 44 (0)1932 772400 and we will be pleased to help."

W2G

Guest JudgeMental

I would guess*-) that the button on dash is an extra switch to turn of internal PIR and arm exterior.

just experiment a bit....you should try pushing it immediately after arming system and look out window at lights as they would normally flash as an indicator.

then sit still for a few minutes giving system time to arm, and if you then walk around and alarm does not sound try opening door and if it sounds thats all working OK :-D

just read through this again *-) and it sounds like this is an alarm designed for a car? as if you have to arm via key how do you arm when inside... presumably with the dash switch.

best call them on numbers provided by W2G probably the best bet:-D

Hi Way2Go and the Judge,

We have found our certificate for the installation and we have e-mailed the company with the details of our prob.

It is more than likely sat in his inbox now till they open Monday morn.

Meanwhile, we have tried what the Judge suggested but without success . Thankyou both again and we will let you know if we sort it.

Cheers

Ray & Jean

Hi I have a autosleeper nuevo with a cobra 4908 fitted,follow this sequence to lock yourself in at night,switch off ignition and within 5 secs press the push button on the dashboard keep it pressed till the led gives a long flash,then lock your van as normal using the remote control.

I had to get the book out to find out!.

Regards Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info. I will try that in the morning as I am on a site and I wouldn't like the alarm to go off if I messed it up because we are an hour in front here in France. I will let you know how I get on. Thanks again for going to the trouble of looking it up for us . It is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Jean & Ray

Guest JudgeMental

thats good..... we should have been down in Antibes last week but had to cancel trip due to a stubborn chest infection *-)

Archived