Closure of terrestrial TV

libby

It's not the closure of terestrial TV it's that the analogue signal is being switched off, The aerial that you use will be OK, it's the receiver that needs to be changed :-( . If you've recently bought one you should be OK, I use my Laptop for everything, only 70Watts, DVD's CD's Mp3 etc, and a Digital USB television receiver, care of PC world, works fine where I live and behind the beacon at St Agnes Cornwall, just need restting to suit local signal's but it's easy. :-D

It's also worth bearing in mind that at the present time, the Caravan Club 'booster' system does not seem tosupport Freeview pictures. I think this is something the club are resolving, but it may mean for the time being, you will only be able to receive the standard Channels 1-5 (or even 1-4) on these sites.

We find the Freeview is very intermittent at present, even with the latest type of roof aerial, and also -as with Analogue- can even depend on a particular pitch location.

Keith T - 2008-04-16 8:45 PM

It's also worth bearing in mind that at the present time, the Caravan Club 'booster' system does not seem tosupport Freeview pictures. I think this is something the club are resolving, but it may mean for the time being, you will only be able to receive the standard Channels 1-5 (or even 1-4) on these sites.

We find the Freeview is very intermittent at present, even with the latest type of roof aerial, and also -as with Analogue- can even depend on a particular pitch location.

Thanks for that Keith, that would answer my wifes question as to why we could not get our dongle working on the club site at Kinlochewe.

Archived