Bilbao to Tarragona area (in a Moterhome)

Markeyes

My wife want's to revisit her childhood holiday area as in Tarragona 30 years on, where she spent many camping holidays on the beach as teenager.

I have never traveled Spain so its all new for me, we have toured Italy for the past 4 years and southen france B4 that on our holidays.

So any tips would be helpfull,

we want to base our self on the coast in between Tarragona and Barcelona for 1 week, of our 3 week tour. I have found a few sites on the internet along that coastal area but any you can recommend, on or near the beach would be the best.

Also we will be arriving into Spain via Bilbao on the 18th of May, and want a few stop off's on the way down to Tarragona also on the way back up, any suggestions of any good route's, it has'nt got to be in a town as such as we have a scooter on board to get around.

Cheers Mark B-)

dont know which way your planning to go to Tarragona but you are only 7hrs drive away on the A2/A68 from Bilbao. Good road dual carrigeway straight accross with reasonable toll charge.( I think there were only 2 toll booth stations on it last year when we used it).

I take your point of a 7 hour drive and I could do it in one hit, but I have always done that going to Italy with only one stop over in a aires.

I just fancy a gentle drive this time and maybe catch a little bit of old Spain on the way down before getting to the coast, An sugestions free camping or sites not bothered.

Cheers Mark

Archived