Mmm... why thread pulled?

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

I started a thread regards a chap who was having problems with his motorhome title was "another reason to buy German?"

well it has disappeared (So I presume we have Mods after all) and for the life of me can't see why this was censored in such a draconian fashion.

the thread content was reasoned and calm with views supporting both manufacturer and aggrieved owner. Well it seems that this is not such a free and open forum as I have always thought it was *-)

I now see that this was the second thread to be pulled today - what the hell is going on!

Which forum was it originally discussed on? The we can all go and read about it.

I don't expect Mods to get into a discussion about their reasons but this is the first forum I've been on where they don't actually say they have pulled a thread and which rule it contravened. Soviet Russia had more freedom of speech.

Have new rules been brought in when we weren't looking? I've seen some stuff that looked worth pulling on this site before but important info could get lost with recent events - glad I had chance to view the clip before it went into the black hole.

Pressure from manufacturers and body builders perhaps, by now they are all aware of rumblings in the system. What they don't want is for buyers to keep hold of their cash.

Large companies don't take kindly to those who affect their sales trade. Remember there's an awful lot of people employed in those industries.

Any blip in sales affects the general market which may also be threatened by a general down trend.

Andy (where ever he is) has been silenced so where does that leave it all now?

LB

Having just read a Daily Mail article on line about this customer and found out just how he protested (involving a protest with a magaphone all day on a Saturday and resulting in the police being called ) I imagine pulling this thread may, only may, have been due to legal implications? (?)

I believe the thread has been pulled from the MHF site but can be viewed - with links to the youtube video - on Motorhome Today.

Having just viewed the video I think the guy has every right to feel aggrieved and it's about time the dealer and/or manufacturer concerned made a positive move to rectifying the situation.

David

Guest JudgeMental
michele - 2008-04-16 8:34 PM

david,

please give the link i have looked and can only see an RV .

just go to you tube and put "swift motorhome" in search engine. I guess this will be pulled now!

whatever happened to free speech, Goebbels will be chuckling in his grave *-)

Guest JudgeMental
michele - 2008-04-16 9:36 PM

Umh I see .

The seat belt thing I'm not sure I know they are supposed to work forwards but sideways I am not sure about that .

Yes, he would get better service at Halford's regards choice and fitting of correct seat *-)

Child seat bit of a red herring IMO, he states that child seat needed to be put there if he was on own in van so he could see child, well put it in front seat! if someone else was in van then put it on seat next to the one shown then it would have worked

Many thanks for the link to You Tube Judge, it made very interesting veiwing, not fit for purpose springs to mind with regard to the build quality of this vehicle but the dealers customer care programme needs a major overhaul perhaps with the current economic climate dealers will become more aware of the customer and not what is their wallets or purses.

With regard to your original thread being pulled I can only sympathise with you but we all know now that we will not get a reason from the mods on this, it is because of this very narrow attitude to openess that I will not buy MMM.

John D

JayKay - 2008-04-16 10:33 PM With regard to your original thread being pulled I can only sympathise with you but we all know now that we will not get a reason from the mods on this, it is because of this very narrow attitude to openess that I will not buy MMM. John D

If you read the thread "Pulled Threads" originated by Tracker, there is an explanation from the Moderator why this particular thread has been pulled.

david lloyd - 2008-04-16 6:54 PM

I believe the thread has been pulled from the MHF site but can be viewed - with links to the youtube video - on Motorhome Today.

Having just viewed the video I think the guy has every right to feel aggrieved and it's about time the dealer and/or manufacturer concerned made a positive move to rectifying the situation.

David

This is just one of idiot remarks on this thread. Do none of you people ever read other forums, if you had followed this, before making daft comments, you would see that although, yes, the person concerned had a problem with a door. Swift never had a spare in stock so made a tempory repair to his door and offered to put things right with new door. Dealer also tried but this guy just kept on shouting and never gave them a chance. He was asked several times why he did not go back to get it fixed but never answered and when thread was pulled for constant abuse he had still not responded. How can dealers and manufacturers correct problems if never given a chance?

If you read the thread "Pulled Threads" originated by Tracker, there is an explanation from the Moderator why this particular thread has been pulled.

Well done for being awake at this time of day Bazza but I still do not see a reason in his reply to tracker as to the specifics of "Judgemental's" thread being pulled, perhaps a PM was sent to Judgemental explaining the reasons.John D

Guest JudgeMental

Errr... rubbish Rupert

and yes I do read before I post...the dealer later admitted in retrospect that he should have taken a NEW door from production rather them fitting the bodged up reject one *-)

Bazza454 - 2008-04-16 11:42 PM  

"Well done for being awake at this time of day Bazza but I still do not see a reason in his reply to tracker as to the specifics of "Judgemental's" thread being pulled, perhaps a PM was sent to Judgemental explaining the reasons. John" D

I think that the explanation from the Mods clearly outlined the reasons why they had no other option but to pull the thread because of legal reasons.

In terms of the Judges comments in the original thread (which, as explained, has been pulled), we should probably remember the words of the brilliant Phil Collins song - "Both Sides of the Story".

At the bottom of the forum's web-pages is the phrase "Terms OF Use". Click on this and details of Warners' Acceptable Use Policy will be revealed.

This policy gives Warners carte blanche to do whatever they choose with anything posted to the Out&AboutLive forums. Everybody registering as a forum participant automatically agrees to abide by the Acceptable Use Policy's terms and conditions.

I doubt if anyone would argue that subjects falling into the "abusive, obscene, libellous, hateful" categories mentioned in the Policy will be appropriate for 'leisure-oriented' forums. But, it would also be startlingly naive not to expect a commercial organisation like Warners, that relies significantly on advertising as a source of revenue, not to react when their magazine advertisers are criticised (justifiably or otherwise) on Warners' forums.

Archived