Pulled Threads

Guest Tracker

Guest Tracker

May we respectfully ask the Moderators to perhaps post a message telling us why when they pull a thread please?

Whilst acknowledging that we do have a very great degree of freedom of speech on here and the Moderators are in general very tolerant, it would maybe help us all to avoid posting unacceptable threads, usually in all innocence, if we know why a thread has been pulled.

That said I also accept that the Moderators do have the right to remove anything that frightens their legal department without the need to explain or justify to us mere mortals.

It's just that it would be nice to know why things disappear sometimes please!

All in favour say - Aye!

Tracker (and other forum users),

That's a fair request and I do understand some people's frustrations when threads simply disappear. It's not our intention to annoy forum users but sometimes threads need to be pulled for legal reasons as we are governed by the same publishing laws as newspapers etc.

I won't promise that a reason will be posted for every thread pulled as it may not have been me who deleted it. If it is though, I'll do my best to post a reason, however vague it may be.

There's a fine line between public interest and breaking the law and on many occasions I have to decide whether or not that line has been crossed.

Regards,

Mike Roberts

Online editor/content manager.

Guest Tracker
Many thanks Mike - much appreciated, but would it be possible to remove potentially offending postings within a thread if the rest of the thread is otherwise acceptable please?

Tracker - 2008-04-16 5:43 PM

Many thanks Mike - much appreciated, but would it be possible to remove potentially offending postings within a thread if the rest of the thread is otherwise acceptable please?

That is a very sensible question and I agree totally as some of the threads start in one direction and go off into another and some of the postings could be very useful.

Hi Mike, slight digression, but could someone please look into the problem with the search facility ... sometimes it's chronic but you do eventually get stuff coming up, other times you just get 'server error'. It's very frustrating especially if you're recommending a 'newbie' to do a search for something.

Ta muchly.

Mel :-D

If Andy has dissapeared he probably comes under similar publishing laws and is therefore prevented from continuing in the same vein.

The Motorhome industry certainly appears to be awake to the problems.

Interesting (What has our dissapearing executive got to add?)

LB

Archived