Portable Satellite Receiver at Lidl

Mel B

Just got a flyer which had the following on offer:

Silvercrest portable satellite receiver - £64.99

This portable set includes all you need to receive free-to-air digital channels and radio programmes on holiday or at home

Set includes:

Digital satellite receiver, satellite dish, single LNB, infrared remote control (including batteries), cable for in-car power supply, 10m antenna cable, SCART cable and a wide range of accessories supplied in a durable carry case

Software update via Astra satellite

Features include:

- 4500 programmable channels

- Automatic channel finder

- Plug and play

- Digital radio reception

- OSD (On Screen Display)

- Child lock

- Power supply via mains cable or DC connection for 12V supply

3 year manufacturer's warranty

Price per set

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080424.p.Portable_Satellite_Receiver.ar8?OpenDocument&resetFilialDaten=1&id=933&zipcode=HU5%202PP&city=Hull&city2=Newlands&street=Cottingham%20Road&ar=8&EMID=09500E30CKL433BLG6NEJ01C563HL

Has anyone any idea whether it is any good for use abroad? *-)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
geordie01 - 2008-04-20 9:19 AM

we have had one for three years and it has worked all over france belgium and uk

I fitted a sky disk to my friends house in pitlochry, and they recommend a larger 60cm dish. I had the standard 48cm one, so whacked it up. First night it snowed heavily and the picture stayed perfect.

Just lucky like yourself?

hi everybody, iwas thinking off gettin one off these dishes tomorrow ,not a great deal of money if it doesnt work out to well ,but was just wondering the best way to set them up cos never used anything like it before, do set the dish on a pole or something or could you use your bike rack, also does the cable just come through one off your windows i presume? CHEERS KEITH.

It is worth buying for the receiver alone. It's the same model as the stand-alone Maxview but about half the price.

We use the receiver to set up our manual dish, as it as an excellent built in sat finder. When we have a signal we swap it with our sky box.

The dish is big enough to receive south beam astra all over Spain (Sky News, BBC News 24, CNN etc.) and C5, Five US, Five Life with a Sky box and card.

It will pick up 2d (ITV,BBC,C4) as far south as the Pyranees.

Been out and bought one to-day the only problem is my new 10" 12v TV doe's not have any scart sockets and the satellite receiver doe's not have a coaxial output so there is no way i can connect the two to-gether ,unless any of you tecno phobes know how I can sort it out

thanks kelly

Guest Tracker
I'm thinking of one of these too but my avtex lcd tv only has aerial, av jack and a vga socket - can it be done does anyone know please?

Tracker - 2008-04-24 4:24 PM

I'm thinking of one of these too but my avtex lcd tv only has aerial, av jack and a vga socket - can it be done does anyone know please?

have a look on here http://www.tvcables.co.uk/

I have bought from this company a few times, as the prices of the high quality cables are good.

If they dont have what your looking for, i would presume it doesnt exist (maybe ;-) )

Guest Tracker

Had a quick look HM but nothing seems suitable, but thanks for the thought.

I could go back to the old Panasonic TX-G10 TV but that is analogue and although it has a scart socket would it work with a digital satellite system.

I suppose it should because the home system is the same - only bigger - and that works fine?

Tracker - 2008-04-24 4:59 PM

Had a quick look HM but nothing seems suitable, but thanks for the thought.

I could go back to the old Panasonic TX-G10 TV but that is analogue and although it has a scart socket would it work with a digital satellite system.

I suppose it should because the home system is the same - only bigger - and that works fine?

I bought a scart to AV connection in Maplin to use my Lidl camping sat' with my LCD tv.

Have used Lidl Sat' system as far away as Rome and Bern, though it won't pick up BBC and ITV in those places. 100,s of other channels though. If I remember right I think I got BBC radio stations anywhere.

booboo - 2008-04-20 9:46 PM

hi everybody, iwas thinking off gettin one off these dishes tomorrow ,not a great deal of money if it doesnt work out to well ,but was just wondering the best way to set them up cos never used anything like it before, do set the dish on a pole or something or could you use your bike rack, also does the cable just come through one off your windows i presume? CHEERS KEITH.

I have never used the dish anyother way than in the suitcase it comes in. I just open it to the right angle and lock it on the sliding hinge. This can be on the ground if I know it wont get knocked or parked in front of (easy to check TV picture). Other times I put it on the camper roof.

booboo - 2008-04-20 9:46 PM

The main thing to remember (even if you use a satfinder) is that the dish should level to start with. This has implications if you simply bolt it to your bike rack etc as you need to either have the motorhome level or be able to ensure the pole that carries the dish can be adjusted to the vertical position - then start the process of locating the satellite.

Another thanks to MEL, bought two, one for the shed and one for the M/H, just about to test it from the bedroom window with the case on a flat roof. Very simple to assemble and arrange so far.

LB

5 Mins later............ All I did was plug in the electrics and MAGIC its all up and running with only a guess as to the compass direction. Now to take it on site?

LB

Archived