Portable Satellite Receiver at Lidl

Mel B

Guest peter
Bought one for my boat and mounted it on a pole next to the mooring. Took 10 min's to assemble and 5 Min's to get on the satellite. Best picture we've had on the boat. £65 quid well spent. Absolutely everything is in the carry case, cable/ suction pad mounting/ pole mounting/ and even a bracket to fix it to your house wall, including plugs and screws. Brilliant. Get one while you can.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hubby has finally got it out of the case tonight and had a play ... nothing, nowt, nada, not a sausage! :-(

I'll have to have a shuftie tomorrow and see where he's gone wrong ... probably hasn't read the instructions properly. :D

Clive - have you got yours out yet and twiddled with it? :-S

Yes,

Taken ours out the box, lots of photo,s etc. However I cannot get a single signal on it. Whatever I do it reports back NO SIGNAL. Perhaps its the trees all around my garden, perhaps its me, but its packed in the trailer for Newbury where a higher authority will show me the error of my ways.

Bring back the crystal set!

C.

I used mine last night for the first time. Nothing for a while (not helped by the fact that the SCART wasn't plugged into the telly properly). Then we kept getting a brief "Weak Signal" message. Finally, I took a good luck at our dish on the house and realised I was trying to access the satellite through trees. Moved the Lidl a couple of feet to the right and bingo! A superb picture. I'm old enough to find this kind of thing miraculous (mind you, I still look at Boeing 747's and find THEM unbelievable so that gives you an idea of how simple I am..!)

Doug

Hi Doug,

Pleased I have helped save a few bob - I just bought a Powercycle Lynx with all the money saving hints gleaned off of the forum :-o

Hey Maubern,

Yes you will be able to use your Sky Satellite receiver with Lidl Dish and LNB, to receive all your usual channels. I use a Multimo Sat Dish as in link http://tinyurl.com/5wkrg4 with my Sky Javelin model 1000 sat receiver and Maplins Camping Set ( like Lidl's), works in most western european areas. You may find that the Lidl/maplin camping satellite set dish\LNB gain may not be large enough to receive some sky programmes very well in southern Spain.

Regards Terry

Terry - Asda wasn't as horrific as I feared and I got the lead there although it cost £3.99 not £1.98 (still a lot cheaper than Maplin). Also got the tiny telly from Maplin. The offer of £99 ran out this morning and it was back at £149.00 but when we winged and begged, they rang HQ and agreed we could have it for £99 after all.

Doug

Thanks once again to the recommenders, (Mel B + others I think?), of this piece of kit. We are just back after a few days away in the van and used the dish for the 1st time.

It was only the Cup Final I really wanted to see and the set up worked a treat.

Martyn

Corky 8 - 2008-05-17 4:21 PM

Aldi will have a Satellite Receiver from the 22nd May, priced at £59.99.

Bought one of the Aldi kits this morning. Had to buy a scart to AV cable as it only comes with scart to scart but I thought that would be the case anyway.

We've never set up a satellite dish before but, after a bit of trial and error, we managed OK.

All we need now is a tripod to mount the dish on. Saw an article in a magazine which includes how to modify a cheap (£8) Wilkinsons 3 arm rotary clothes drier so off there in the morning to get one of those.

Graham

Guest JudgeMental

How do you know when lidl have them in?

have tried calling the two close to me but cant find phone numbers Grrr....... :-D

And will these be capable of picking up new freesat (BBC/ITV)

as I refuse to contribute to Murdoch - I have a long memory...... *-)

JudgeMental - 2008-05-22 6:22 PM

How do you know when lidl have them in?

have tried calling the two close to me but cant find phone numbers Grrr....... :-D

Lidl, Aldi and Netto all have electronic versions of their flyers which they e-mail to you if you sign up for them at their web sites. The flyers detail the special offers which change 2 or 3 times each week.

Lidl had the satellite kits in a few weeks ago so I should think they are all sold by now. The Aldi offer started today and presumably runs until they sell out at each store - probably only sufficient stock for a few days.

JudgeMental - 2008-05-22 6:22 PM

And will these be capable of picking up new freesat (BBC/ITV)

as I refuse to contribute to Murdoch - I have a long memory...... *-)

The Aldi kit picks up the Free To Air channels but I'm not sure whether if that is the same as Freesat because I'm not up on all the technical bits of the broadcasting.

Graham

BINGO

Ken (Gaspode on the forums) showed me the error of my ways at Newbury and yes, IT WORKS. Lots of channels but all the important programs - Cori, Enders, Bill, Emerdale etc!

There is something about reading the instructions that goes against male pride!

Thanks all

C.

When these first come in which i suppose was about 2 years ago i got down to LIDLE at 08.30 and was 2nd in the queue, be time 9am there were about 30 waiting. I nearly run down the isle and grabbed one and when i got to the counter a guy came compaining that the stock had gone.Last week down there they had about a pallet load and did not see anybody getting one, i think they are good.As for channel 4 , i have scanned through and nothing comes up so far although tonight i found a channel saying "five" which is a new one for us plus some "E" channels

When these first come in which i suppose was about 2 years ago i got down to LIDLE at 08.30 and was 2nd in the queue, be time 9am there were about 30 waiting. I nearly run down the isle and grabbed one and when i got to the counter a guy came compaining that the stock had gone.Last week down there they had about a pallet load and did not see anybody getting one, i think they are good.As for channel 4 , i have scanned through and nothing comes up so far although tonight i found a channel saying "five" which is a new one for us plus some "E" channels

Well we bought ours at lidl got it home looked in the box and shut it up quick. We are taking it away with us this week and are hoping theres someone on site we can pick their brains cos I'm sure our brains have gone on holiday without us

GJH - 2008-05-22 4:41 PM

All we need now is a tripod to mount the dish on. Saw an article in a magazine which includes how to modify a cheap (£8) Wilkinsons 3 arm rotary clothes drier so off there in the morning to get one of those.

We went off to Wilkinsons as planned this morning. Bought one of the rotary clothes driers (£7.99) plus 3 ferrules (29p each) as described in the article I read.

Conversion took only a few minutes. The base of the Aldi dish is shaped to fit a pole and comes with a U bolt so I didn't have to purchase any extra brackets to attach it.

Hooked it all up to the van and tuned it in fine.

Because our van has an external aerial socket, one other thing I did was to buy a couple of F plug/socket to co-ax plug adapters (£1.99 each at Maplins). This means that I can plug the lead from the dish into the external socket and use the existing indoor coax lead to plug the sat box into the internal aerial socket. Saves passing the dish lead through the window.

Graham

Hi Graham,

For those of us who have not seen the article to which you refer, could you either point us in the right direction or give a little more detail with regard to the appropriate clothes dryer and what the 'ferrules' are and how they are used please.

Thanks Bas

Archived