Tomtom-Liverpool

brayn

brayn - 2008-04-18 3:19 PM Went to Liverpool last week, tomtom was completely at a loss! Is it because of the major roadworks or is the fault with the SatNav? l was more than a little peturbed.

Probably thought that you were going to leave it attached to the windscreen when you parked - and got frightened.... 

Probably thought that you were going to leave it attached to the windscreen when you parked - and got frightened....

Hmmm remarks like that are bound to rile people and although seem funny at the time, are not really very nice. The 1980's stereotypes have been brushed away by now.

I wouldn't leave a sat nav in a vehicle anywhere, even in the leafy crime-free south.

Bazza454 - 2008-04-18 3:41 PM
brayn - 2008-04-18 3:19 PM Went to Liverpool last week, tomtom was completely at a loss! Is it because of the major roadworks or is the fault with the SatNav? l was more than a little peturbed.

Whilst I see the point Jana is making I think your 'jest' is very funny and could be applied to most places! :-D

Guest Tracker
My cousin married a scouser and when ever I need new tyres or some nice new alloy wheels I ring my cousin (Janet), she tells her husband, he rings his brother in Loverpool and whatever I order arrives at my door the following day so who ever said that Liverpuddlians don't know how to give good service was quite wrong!

Liverpool City Centre has had more building work than Basra in the last 12 months entire blocks of buildings have disappeared and new ones have been put up. Streets that existed at Christmas 2007 are now just hardcore. There isn't a sat nav system anywhere that could keep up!

Liverpool is having a billion pound shopping centre plus a five billion pound development around the city centre and docks. Not only are there road works, some roads have disappeared. There are numerous people I know who cannot get their sat nav to give proper directions once they get into the city centre and I know more than a few locals who cannot find their way out!

Best bet is to follow the signs which tend to be correct and ignore the sat nav until it is all updated.

Archived