memory foam

happytraveller

not noticed any smell Jan - perhaps it's a certain type of memory foam - who's've you got??

we think they are an excellent idea - well worth the money - because we've got a camper ven purs get rolled up and put away during the day - easy!

B-)

We've had memory foam pillows for a few years now, both at home and in the 'van, got 'em from Aldi, excellent value and supremely comfortable. We have a memory foam mattress topper at home and one in the 'van, the home one came from Littlewoods catalogue and the 'van one we bought at a show last year. Both have made a terrific difference to our sleeping but be aware they reflect a LOT of body heat so you won't need a heavy duvet except in the coldest weather.

D.

Guest Tracker

I second Dave's comment about heat - we've only had a thin bedspread in a duvet cover all winter - mind you Pembrokeshire does have quite a mild climate with no snow and only two frosts all winter.

We have memory foam pillows too and all from different shops and none have ever given off any nasty niffs.

J9withdogs - 2008-04-20 5:38 PM

Be aware that memory foam gives off a nasty whiff, so see if you can examine it out of it's box to see if it might affect you.

I bought a memory foam pillow and had to consign it to the spare room for a month before I could sleep on it.

your dogs been up to no good then jan >:-) >:-)

B-)

We bought ours in Dunelm, very reasonably priced we have a double and a single, very comfortable and neither had any sort of smell that we noticed.

They both come with removeable zip up fitted covers, cotton one side and velour the other.

Phil.

Guest peter
Same here Pillman from Dunelm £99 for double. I sleep better in the van than in the house . Brilliant , best £99 I've spent.

Guest peter
happytraveller - 2008-04-23 8:23 PM

thank you all for your replies,we were looking at the jonic site on the web, and as they are cut to size for all models,we think we will go for that,will post in a few months time how we got on

You can cut any of them to size with a bread knife.

• 3 weeks later...

We are on our second memory foam topper. The first one got a bit soft after a year or so. Still, for 50 quid I would gladly replace it every year. It is absolutely Brilliant - I used to suffer witha bad back when I was living in a house but in a MH with a foam topper, no problem. I would recommend this to anyone. both ours were a bit whiffy when new but airing them outside during the daytime for a few days soon cured them. Go for it , I say

Terry

We got a memory foam topper for our van but have replaced it with a feather filled topper - memories of my grandmother's feather bed - lovely :-D

We always sleep so well in the MH now and would recommend the topper to anybody :->

Archived