Wild camping petition

parkmoy

Pity they don't make it clear that wild camping in Scotland specifically excludes any vehicle use in the vast majority of cases.

A helpful person from Cairngorms National Park supplied me with information which is reproduced on my web site Here.

Graham

I am sorry, but I really don't think I can sign up to this one. I am not against wildcamping, and I find it very irritating when we find an out of the way place with No Camping signs, but I do think that there are just so many of us in this crowded place, that if we had carte blanche to wildcamp we would make ourselves so unpopular that it would end up being outlawed altogether.

I think we should just creep about and try to be as unobtrusive as it is possible to be in a great big white motorised box!

Guest Tracker

We like off site camping but I can't support this petition because it would, in my view, herald a return to the bad days when so called travellers ruined the countryside with their irresponsible attitude to other people's property.

These dross types have already buggered up a lot of places we used to use and caused them to be shut off to us responsible campers and no way do I want to encourage their return.

What we need are properly regulated and policed Aires de camping car as in France where we can overnight a maximum of two nights and pay a small fee for the benefit.

Archived