just before your warranty runs out

handyman

do any of you get the van basically MOTed to try and find any faults that can be fixed under warranty?

they check for anything they can get on warranty, then give you a list to take to the dealer. My local garage charges £60 for this. (its an mot plus some extra checks on the engine etc)

Guest Tracker
Always do just that with cars and vans and get it serviced at the same time as that too can highlight faults that might otherwise have either gone un-noticed or been chargeable the following month.

Guest Tracker

My translation is that it pays to get the MOT and service done in good time if you are using different garages so that any issues can at least be notified and recorded if not resolved before the magic three year warranty expires.

We got a one year warranty in August on our 94 Elddis by luck. We have been considering this with our dealer who has messed up at every opportunity. We had to have the bathroom walls replaced after the damp I was suspicious of turned nasty but they have broken the sink unit in the process. Still haven't got the service record or Habition check documentation off them so really feel like I want someone else to give her the once over before the warranty is up to see what else is lurking unknown to us. Is it cheeky to ask another dealer to do this on that premise? This is all so new to me.

Thanks Phantom

Guest Tracker
phantom - 2008-04-22 4:07 PM

We got a one year warranty in August on our 94 Elddis by luck. We have been considering this with our dealer who has messed up at every opportunity. We had to have the bathroom walls replaced after the damp I was suspicious of turned nasty but they have broken the sink unit in the process. Still haven't got the service record or Habition check documentation off them so really feel like I want someone else to give her the once over before the warranty is up to see what else is lurking unknown to us. Is it cheeky to ask another dealer to do this on that premise? This is all so new to me.

Thanks Phantom

Depends if the warranty is insurance backed so you can use any VAT registered repairer or dealer backed in which case only the specific dealer will pay for repairs, but a second opinion is never a bad idea as things you don't even know about could be spotted. Good luck!

Archived