Fiat water ingress (can't find original thread)

webbocj

Had work done, water still comes in via windscreen/scuttle, not joint, n/s small hole made larger so more water drips on electrics. plastic cover for engine/thin foam!!pad on wiper motor - thats it, waste of a couple of days.

Will the stuck on scuttles be removable in case of a broken windscreen or will the have to be replaced at owners cost, in or out of warranty. I thought there was a new and improved design available, probably still clip fitted but removeable.Phew, these last 10months with a new Fiat m/h have been a nightmare, my enthusiasm is also juddering big time, night all

chris

Hi Webboci

I have a Peugeot based van and have had the following work carried out:

Engine cover and new coolant vent pipe. (This is because the top of the 2.3 Fiat engine is not the same as the 2.2 Peugeot unit.) I already had a cover on the windscreen wiper motor, ABS unit and engine ECU. When I asked the dealer to check whether I had a starter motor cover he told me no. I also know that the latest vans in dealers are fitted with a vertical expanded foam shield near the scuttle drain tube. I also believe a tray with a drain tube is being fitted below the centre of the scuttle. I am still liasing with customer care to get these other items fitted. Previously my dealer had been told to bond the scuttle panel to the windscreen but I rejected this as it would need replacement of the scuttle panels should the windscreen need replacement. I may eventually seal the joint with silicone as this would be 'removable'. However, if Peugeot (Fiat) come up with improved scuttle panels that actually seal against the screen I will try and get these fitted.

My Fiat/Rapido went in for the recall to change scuttle yesterday.

On collection, staff hoping and jumping in rage, at having been sent the exact duplicate by Fiat, of the one fitted, which does allow water onto injectors. Madhouse !

Now awiting another recall >:-)

Wingpete

Did you think you were going to get redesigned scuttle panels?

Peugeot Owners

I have been talking to my dealer today and he says that Customer Care will not sanction a starter motor shield or other measures fitted to current production vans (Part of the YLH recall).

Also, they are not going to offer engine covers as part of the service fix any more. The engine cover is not part of the recall but a 'goodwill' gesture.

Are there any other Peugeot owners out there having problems getting the complete service fix for water ingress?

i there chris see you live in sth yorks like me.

my 08   fiat 100 multijet   van had the water cover fitted last month with the other jobs no problems .some jobs done at chesterfield pre to me picking up on march 1st.then wile i was seeing friends in Preston had TB turbo fiat garage do cover and some jobs. find them very helpful worth using as we go up there a lot.

gordonbrown

I assume you are not the Gordon Brown? Just my SOH!

You will presumably have had the safety recall YLH which refers to the steering rack and also some water ingress 'Reinforcements'. There are apparently 8 items covered under this YLH recall and I was told that I was only going to get items No 1 & 4. These refer to the steering rack check and the uprating of a main fuse. The other items presumably include various shields and covers relating to water ingress. Depending on your chassis number you may already have some of these fitted. I already have the windscreen wiper motor shield, engine ECU cover and ABS unit cover but no starter motor cover according to my dealer. What have you got fitted? Do you know where to look? I had a rather heated conversation with a Bob Bains at so-called Customer Care yesterday and got nowhere. I have sent an email asking for the name and address of whoever is in overall charge of Customer Care but have received no reply as yet. I am visiting my dealer next week for the YLH and YLX recalls to be carried out and I am going to tell them what I think of Peugeot. I don't personally have a beef with my dealer as they are trying hard to please me but they are being directed by Customer Care. Don't give up! Keep complaining!

dshaque

Apart from fitting the engine cover what other parts did they actually fit?

walked passed an 08 autoquest a couple of days ago, had a look at the scuttle, seemed like an 07, just a couple of "nipples" extra,perhaps additional fixings!!! On the "mhf" it appears that no two persons get exactly the same work done. It will have to be a diy job - again.

chris

Archived