HELP with Motorhome identification

VanMan 01

Hi Folks,

Hope someone out there can help me with this, as I am trying to identify the manufacturer and model of a certain Motorhome which I saw last weekend.

Here's the description:-

It appeared to be a full-time four wheel drive outfit, raised higher off the ground than usual and had a distinct military or exploration type appearance and build. It had round headlights which suggested to me it was not that modern, yet it looked brand new. There was a manufacturers name and model on the sleeping area above the front seats, but all I can partially recall is "elli" or "iell" as the middle part of the model name.

The feature that made me take interest in this Motorhome was an addition to the centre of the short bonnet (optional?) which consisted of a chequer plate box with two chunky handles attached to it. I can't recall if it was left or right hand drive and its colour was beige/cream. I got the impression it was made in eastern Europe and am sure it isn't of Japanese, American or English origin.

If you can help me identify this Motorhome it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

VanMan 01

Guest peter
I think it's a 1975 Leyland Military personnel carrier. Most ended up as snack wagons or mobile toilets. Only a few were ever converted to motorcaravans, so the one you spotted is a rarity indeed.

Archived