Garmin Nuvi 250W

Knaus

Hi

Has anyone bought the Nuvi 250W from Amazon recently. I understand that you can find out which European mapping has been preinstalled. I know if I buy one that I can update it free of charge but would rather not have to.

thanks

A month ago I purchased a Garmin 760 and this came with the latest maps, version City Navigator Europe NT 2008.

This is in effect version 10 because version 9 was on my previous Garmin.

These latest maps should be on a new Nuvi 250W

Suggest you go onto the Garmin website and do a comparison check of features across various models.

I believe the 250W comes with Speed Cameras already loaded.

Guest JudgeMental
JohnP - 2008-04-24 1:39 PM

A month ago I purchased a Garmin 760 and this came with the latest maps, version City Navigator Europe NT 2008.

This is in effect version 10 because version 9 was on my previous Garmin.

These latest maps should be on a new Nuvi 250W

Suggest you go onto the Garmin website and do a comparison check of features across various models.

I believe the 250W comes with Speed Cameras already loaded.

John, did you know if you contact Garmin they will email you your unlock code and a link to download the maps to your PC so you can then download routes waypoints etc.....

(you can only do this with 7XX series nuvi's)

Guest JudgeMental
Knaus - 2008-04-24 11:35 AM

Hi

Has anyone bought the Nuvi 250W from Amazon recently. I understand that you can find out which European mapping has been preinstalled. I know if I buy one that I can update it free of charge but would rather not have to.

thanks

yes, the 250 (not the wide version) for a gift, so have not actually played with it....

when you get it you have to register it with Garmin and with "My garmin" as well to get updates... its not much more difficult to download maps if necessary...

call garmin on freephone: 0808 238 0000 they are very helpful. or call someone selling it and ask them what maps it has :-D

but you wont be able to do download routes and waypoints from a PC with this model. it is excellent value but pretty basic as well.

Archived