bathroom sink

happytraveller

happytraveller:

I'd be tempted to try a cleaning product that targets 'plastic' baths (assuming your Auto-Trail's bathroom-sink is actually plastic, of course!). If the stain is actually due to the sink's surface degrading, then you are in trouble and you should probably try to get the sink replaced while the motorhome is still under warranty.

There's a letter (headed "Warning") on page 15 of MMM May 2008 that mentions the perceived unsuitability of ABS materials for sinks/shower-trays which may be of interest to you.

I bought some cleaner when I was last in the Uk, it is called "Doctor power", it is in a very fluouresent plastic jar and you can use it for anything it says on the label. It is the only thing that I have found that would remove stains on the inside plastic of the fridge. It may be worth a try, I think its about £3.99. It comes with its own sponge which you just wet and put the paste onto it and rub. Great stuff, we have run out now but have found a replacement here. Lidl sold something similar recently but it is not as good.

Archived