Radios

Peteco

2005 Peugeot Autocruise Starfire - People complain that their radio switches off after approx. 20/30 minutes. My problem is that when not in use on site or parked up without the engine running, the radio intermittently switches on of it's own accord, & then turns itself off after about 20 minutes. Has anyone else experienced this problem & if so, it is a radio or vehicle fault?

All comments much appreciated.

We have a similar problem on our Blunkput radio/single cd. Although our radio does not switch it's self off after 20 minutes, this was fixed by Burstner before delivery, it does switch it's self on occasionally. Also if the radio is on there is an intermittent fault where unit looks for a non existent cd then, when it cannot find it, reports a cd error and goes back to the radio; all this takes about 10 seconds. No idea what the solution is, bound to be expensive and probably as the radio is four years old a replacement is on the cards as repair in this day & age will be prohibitively costly.

Guest Tracker
We have had so much aggro with these radios over the years that we bought a proper radio from Halfords and just switch it from van to van putting the old one back in when we change vans. It's simple enough as all the wiring just plugs in, although it might be worth having a shufty at your connectors before buying cos there ain't much room behind the radio for extra bits of wire and connectors.

Hi Peteco,

I have my radio wired through a relay with a second feed from the domestic battery. When you turn the engine off the radio goes off momentarily and then switches itself back on running from the domestic battery. If the ignition and the domestic battery are off the radio is off too.

Occasionally, when on site the radio keeps going off and on again. I found that this is the self seeking bit trying to find a stronger signal.

Hope this helps,

Andy T

Peteco - 2008-04-28 2:37 PM

2005 Peugeot Autocruise Starfire - People complain that their radio switches off after approx. 20/30 minutes. My problem is that when not in use on site or parked up without the engine running, the radio intermittently switches on of it's own accord, & then turns itself off after about 20 minutes. Has anyone else experienced this problem & if so, it is a radio or vehicle fault?

All comments much appreciated.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that these radios are designed for/ ment for delivery vans and switch themselves off to save power when the driver has left the van for some time.

In my Fiat the radio does not switch off but I have a lot of trouble tuning it in so now just use it for CDs.

:-|

Archived