Hymer van 522 fittings - help!

Jasper

Any Hymer 522 van owners out there who have had an awning fitted? I am looking at probably fitting an omnistor awning and am not sure of the length to go for. Spoke with 2 omnistor people at P'boro and they were saying 4m but I think it should probably be a 3 or 3.5m. Also both gave different info on which brackets should be used. I supect the rear bracket would be hidden by the rear cupboard but are the front brackets visible inside the van roof/wall? Any recommendation on fitting company would be appreciated.

Also has anyone fitted a TV/DVD player? If so which model and did the bracket need to be altered / changed? None of the TV/DVD players I have looked at would seem to fit due to the placement of the bracket inside the 'bread bin' type cupboard at the top of the wardrobe. Either the player would be slightly too fat for the cupboard (due to the bottom catch on the cupboard) apart from the Mobile 15" or due to the way in which the TV is swivelled on the bracket the bottom of the machine would stick out of the door. Again spoke with various people at P'boro (including Hymer uk) and all said it was a design problem. So if there is anyone out there who has solved the problem I would love to hear from you.

Many thanks

Jaz

Hi,

re your awning. If it is just an awning and not going to have sides fitted any length will do to suit you. I have a 3.5m awning on a 7.2 mtr van and its plenty big enough. If there is no cupboard the brackets will be visible . If you want to eventually fit a privacy room make sure the ends don,t stop above windows etc . Any compitent fitter can do it.

Re your tv. I had to fabricate new brackets to adapt to my hymer tramp tv brackets. Hymer charge an arm and a leg to do it.

Good luck

Richard

Archived