Mosel/Rhein

rupert123

We normally stop off in Luxembourg and do some shopping and fill-up etc. There are several good sites in the Caravan Club Caravan Europe book Vol 2 and one in particular, on an old railway line is:

Camping Schlief at Winseler, this site is very handy for the retail outlet at the Knaus Centre at Pommerloch and / or Bohus.

Hi rupert123,

Did the same trip in July last year. We stopped at Catillon on the N43 going down to Hirson and Charleville Meziers. Go through the town, cross the river and the canal and the Aire is immediately on your right on the canalside. Brilliant stop. Quiet and peaceful and free!!!. Then move onto Charleville Meziers. Either the campsite ( which is cheap 8Euros with electric) or the Aire which is right on the canal basin marina in front of the campsite for free. Again, both good stops. Its a short trip north into luxembourg and then Trier. The motorhome Aire in Trier is just down the road, towards the river from McDonalds. Don't park in the big carpark but go under the underpass for the bridge, bare left, then right and it is at the end of the campsite. You will need a bike to get into Trier as it's a good half an hours walk along the river. If you walk up to McDonalds I believe there is a bus every half an hour. The campsite is a bit tatty, the pitches are all grass and depending on the size of your rig might be a bit difficult to park. I think it was a bit expensive as well. Have a good trip.

Ned

ned - 2008-05-04 5:25 PM

Hi rupert123,

Did the same trip in July last year. We stopped at Catillon on the N43 going down to Hirson and Charleville Meziers. Go through the town, cross the river and the canal and the Aire is immediately on your right on the canalside. Brilliant stop. Quiet and peaceful and free!!!. Then move onto Charleville Meziers. Either the campsite ( which is cheap 8Euros with electric) or the Aire which is right on the canal basin marina in front of the campsite for free. Again, both good stops. Its a short trip north into luxembourg and then Trier. The motorhome Aire in Trier is just down the road, towards the river from McDonalds. Don't park in the big carpark but go under the underpass for the bridge, bare left, then right and it is at the end of the campsite. You will need a bike to get into Trier as it's a good half an hours walk along the river. If you walk up to McDonalds I believe there is a bus every half an hour. The campsite is a bit tatty, the pitches are all grass and depending on the size of your rig might be a bit difficult to park. I think it was a bit expensive as well. Have a good trip.

Ned

Thanks for that this seems just what I wanted. Thanks for people on other two replies will probably use your suggestions as well.

Try the free overnight parking at Cochem. Its on the riverbank about 300 yards from the town centre next to the coach park.

Day parking is exhorbitant but you can cross the bridge and find free daytime parking on the other bank

Try the free overnight parking at Cochem. Its on the riverbank about 300 yards from the town centre next to the coach park.

Day parking is exhorbitant but you can cross the bridge and find free daytime parking on the other bank

Archived