Auto-sleeper basin's bust

eggnog

(Done my best to run a forum search on this one but without success. If I am being boring and treading well-worn gound then I really apologise - I'm new here and only little!)

Well, it's not the basin at all really. Our recentlyish-acquired 2001 Talisman has the tip-up/pull down type wash basin. I've now discovered that the hinge areas of the main wall-mounted moulding both sides have totally had it - cracked beyond repair. In fact a bit of plastic about the size of a 20p piece vanished into the cavity today when I pushed it (gently). I see from the service record that Auto-Sleepers had a go at repairing it in '06 without much success.

The question is - does anyone have an idea how to source a replacement? There seem to be three types generally available but none are a like-for-like. The nearest is significantly taller (well over 600mm against the current 550x520) and I'm not convinced that it will fit.

It was a private sale so I'm on my own here.

Any suggestions will be pathetically gratefully accepted!

Eggnog

I managed to get a replacement basin and vanity unit direct from Cirencester Plastics (which is where Autosleepers get them). complete set was £104 inc. carriage in 2006. www.cirencesterplastics.co.uk.

Hope this helps. :D

Tony

Saw an article/letter recently in an old MMM (not more than 2 yr old mag) about someone with a similar problem. They were able to get a new moulding from Cirencester Plastics who did all A/S mouldings.

The firm was very helpful and once they knew what the unit was were able to produce one.

looked on the web and the firm is still there.

I will see if i can find old article over next couple of days

Thanks guys. I saw the Cirencester website and guessed they must be the manufacturer but had no idea that they might be able to mould a relpacement. If that old article is available, that might be a real help.

Cheers

Eggnog

Archived