Urgent advice needed

tezza

Whilst cleaning my van today I noticed that two areas of my roof (both near the back of the van, near the edge, on both sides) have bubble like sections these are not small and are aprox 2ft long by 8" wide (like a floor delamination only on the roof) the rest of the roof is firm, is this normal as I dont go up there very often or do I have a problem?

The van is an Ace Napoli 56plate so not an old van.

Thanks

Terry

Terry

From my caravanning days I remember that on hot days there was quite a bit of bubbling on the roofs. Usually the roofs a'rnt bonded so when the aluminium gets hot and expands it has to go somewhere. Check it first thing in the mornining when it is cool.

You would also need to keep the damp checks up to date

Terry

I don't know about the roof but we had quite a large bubble on the back of our Wentworth a few years back and Autocruise took it back and replaced the back and the roof due to a faulty batch of adhesive bonding the GRP to the wood. I do hope yours isn't the same but get it checked out.

Good luck

• 1 year later...

Just resurrected this thread. I was up a ladder looking on the roof yesterday (very hot & sunny) to see where the best place was to put the solar panel which is being fitted on Thursday, and noticed that the roof was very wavey and bulging up. A bit of a worry!!!!!

I've just been up the ladder again - much cooler today - and its virtually back to normal.

Is this definitely normal? I don't want to go ahead with the solar panel fitting if the roof is faulty. 8-)

Archived