Where are you off this Christmas/New Year

Paul M

My thread about a month ago did not give me any ideas of where to spend Christmas/New Year. We would like some sun possible Spain/Portugal? Are there any rallies on in those countries which we could join in? We like to celebrate the New Year as its my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope some one out there will have some ideas as will be our first Christmas away.

*-) *-)

Paul and Ann

Check the CCC and CC web sites. They do organised rallies way down into Portugal with various sites en-route.

Friend did a trip two years ago to give him confidence to go alone. Left in January this year and has not been seen since. He is coming back in June although they will soon return to Spain as they are now full timing

Ps I have editted this a few times and it still does not appear correct. Something to do with Low Fliers

I would second sshortcircuits offering, particularly with reference to the Camping & Caravanning Club Winter Sun Rallies. I've been on a few and they are well-subscribed by motorcaravanners, particularly because you can participate in day trips, via a coach in many instances, without moving your 'van - no parking problems. Also social events on-site are possible, with local cuisine, etc, you might not otherwise try as a newbie to the countries concerned. Also you can get a feel for an area prior to going it under your own steam in future years. Mind, read the Carefree ( the name the Winter sun rallies goes under) booklet carefully, as not all rallies are suitable for motorhomes.

We are of to Bonterra park in Benicassim close to Castello de la Plana about the 22/23Nov for xmas/new year and poss upto 04/04/09 good for motor homes,bus stop,super market out side gate 300mtrs the sea one way and town the other way,bar/rest/wifi and site.Think site made for m/homes!well.

Regards john

Archived