Cheap Small MH-suitable Telly?

snobbyafghan

I've bought the famous Lidl satellite set so now I need a TV to hang off the end of it. Our motorhome is a smallish van conversion so we don't want a big telly - preferably some sort of flat screen to cut down on the bulk and also a small screen (about 9-11"?). It also needs to be rugged enough to travel.

I've seen some that are specifically made for motorhomes in the Caravan Club magazine but they are not cheap and I don't really want to spend more than about £100 maximum.

Seen any bargains lately?

Doug

Have a look at Maplin - they usually have some small and relatively cheap LCD ones - though I don't think they will always have a scart socket but do have AV connections. I got an 8.4 inch screen one for under £100  regards David

Hi Snobbyafghan

I got ours from Maplins, 10" Digital with Freeview, (NO Analogue) from memory £150 or there abouts.(sale price)

They also had another model,as above but with DVD Player built-in, but not in the sale at that time & close to £300.

They (according to the saleman) have a voltage stabiliser built in, as they are made for the 12v leisure market.

The unit is very light & I have mounted ours on a Speaker bracket, it is within thebracket weight limit and the speaker brackets are a fraction of the LCD TV Brackets (weight, size & price) so the saving here could help upgrade your TV budget.

They also do an 8" range, which should come into your price bracket.

Roadpro also do a big range, but were more expensive at the time I bought (Jan-07)

Guest peter
snobbyafghan - 2008-05-06 9:24 AM

peter - 2008-05-05 11:56 PM

15" LCD from Asda £89.00.

Can't see that on their website. Is it in-store only?

Doug

Saw them when I was in the Boston store on Sunday. Not bad looking either.

Archived