Rapido Touch-Up Paint

Bill Ord

I've just filled a small surface crack in the ABS bumper on my Rapido 924F with Holts Cataloy after testing it on an ABS washing up bowl. So far so good, the repair is cosmetically very good but I now need to paint it to complete the job. I was told that the paint code was the FIAT Bianco 210 but it is a poor match, I believe this code is for the FIAT van. Can anybody help with sourcing a correct paint match?

Bill Ord

Posted: 6 May 2008 6:58 PM

Subject: RE: Rapido Touch-Up Paint

Location: Herefordshire - Motorhome = 2005 Hobby T-600 FC Bill:

I believe it's called "Camping-Carte Blanche

Hi Derek,

Is this a send up? if true where do you suggest I buy it? I tried the car repair and paint shops to no avail but got some help at a place called "Colour Match" where they mix car paint to order but it seems only to existing paint codes. The nearest match appears to be FIAT 249 and I've tried it on a piece under the wheel arch and it seems "ok" but really i'd like to try a spray as it will get a better result; BUT if it isn't right it will be more difficult to remove.

Bill Ord

Hi Bill,

Been having similar trouble finding a paint match for my van. There are at least three shades on my new van, cab, door and body are all slightly different.

What you need is a car paint wholesaler. Can't help with one in Banbury but try "Motor Factors" in Yellow Pages and phone around. The one you need is the one that has a paint colour spectrometer, a thing the size of a house brick that they stick on the body and it gives an analysis of the paint colour and produces a mixing code.

If you're passing through Shrewsbury, F & K Griffiths will do it and provide a 400ml aerosol for about £15. They are expensive but at least it will match

Andy

Yes Derek it was obvious; just MY little joke. Andy T, thanks for the help, I'm unable to find anybody local to mix from a colour spectrometer but that is what I'll need. The local body repairers must all use that technology but are unable or unwilling to mix a small amount for me. I suspect that although they can mix a paint match they have no way of putting it into a spray can which is my preferred means of applying the paint. The price doesn't really matter as it small change compared to having a panel sprayed at a body shop.

Thanks again.

Bill Ord

Archived