Spairline valve for spare wheel

colin weston

Made my own using a replacement air (foot)pump lead with a snap on connector (from Halfrauds) and an old car tyre valve on t'other end, held in place by a jubile clip.

Whole lot cost about £4

Works Ok, enough to inflate the spare up to a working / storage pressure of 70 psi.

RGds

I used one for several years when I had the Gazelle. Typical spare tucked under the back end. Very handy for checking pressure and topping up. A bit awkward on the rare occasion when the spare needed to come off.

There was a bracket supplied with it to mount the "outside " end, put it on one of the trailer socket bolts. Left it on the van when I swopped.

Stuart

One of the best accessories I have fitted to my van 3years ago when new. As normal my spare is hidden underneath and a back breaking lying down job to check the pressure, it cost about £10 then including pp. Unfortunatly their web site seems to be for trade only, but you could write to them for info.

I owned an Autotrail Cheyenne 635 2001 model and it came equiped with a remote located inflation point for the spare wheel. Seemed like a good idea till I needed to fit the spare wheel and had a problem removing the airline with the wheel in its carrier. I never connected it again after that experience. If you're going to do it make sure that you can easily remove the airline from the valve with the spare in place or you can drop the spare low enough to get a good purchase on the connector to remove it.

Bill Ord

Derek,

Thanks for the info. The 'Check a spare' item looks better in respect of the end fittings being crimped rather than the hose just being pushed over a 'fir tree' as the Spairline. It is reasonably priced at £5.95 inc VAT. I would keep the spare at 60 psi so I need to ensure a robust design.

Archived