12.00pm vacate time

KD

what do you think. I think its probably about right if you have a long journey or have stayed the week, but if you are on a weekend trip in general you cant leave until after work Friday or in my case I have Fridays off but cant leave until picking the kids up at 3.30, therefore we limit the weekend trips to around an hour tops journey time. so like most people we arrive on site around 5ish. my point is would say an arrive after say 4pm vacate before 4pm a fairer and better option, after all we are generally back home for 1pm Sunday or Monday today as its bhm

Well nobody else is commenting so I'll put my twopenneth worth in.

I guess you are talking about either CC or C&CC site? only time anyone's 'hassled' me about leaving 'on time' has been at C&CC site, never even thought about it anywhere else, but if it was a rule then I can see that having different leaving times would be a mess so one time is chosen and I guess that noon is popular for as you say weekly holidays and also moving site to site. Also if people leave before noon then proboly bit of time to cut grass before new arivals

I'm not sure why they have a check out time for a campsite, it's not like they have to clean the pitch before the next arrival! I just think it's another rule added for the sake of it. But then UK sites do seem to like having "structure" to them!

You can't have people coming and going when ever they like, why it would be just like France if you weren't careful! :-D

I reckon the 12 noon 'arrive/vacate' is about right.

My experience is that when things are quiet I have requested that I can stay on for an hour or two and seldom been turned down.

If you made it as late as 4 pm I reckon you could end up with quite a queue at the gate.

As a matter of interest, in New Zealand 'chucking out' time is 10 a.m. and some sites are very hot on it.

Some had signs up ' If you are caught using the internet ( in the office ) after 10 a.m., and you are not booked for another night you will be logged off immediately !

I assume that times are laid down because otherwise, how long have you paid for ?

;-) ;-)

A lot of camp sites require a 10am departure and that's not fun if you have to take down a canvas tent damp from the dew.

Why not go and visit somewhere nice instead of worrying about staying on site a bit longer?

Minstrel - 2008-05-06 4:33 PM

Why not go and visit somewhere nice instead of worrying about staying on site a bit longer?

because its not so easy with a 24ft caravan on the back of you, and i dont know about the rest of you but even when we had the mh i never felt at ease leaving it unattended apart from onsite, when its blatantly obvious there is going to be hundreds if not thousands of pounds worth of possessions inside

I think most sites are 10.00am departure time, which is quite reasonable in high season when they are most busy, most people whom have awnings normally take em down the day or a couple of days before leaving, so they are ready to vacate pitch by 10.00am. Therefore again if the pitch is not needed normally a quick visit down to reception and ask, normally private sites will allow anyone to stay on for a few hours.

not like me to stick up for the CC :D

but as I recall they used to put boards outside reception with latest 'off' times on Sundays depending on whether they were expecting a busy or quiet afternoon. Sometimes the 'off' was as late as 18.00 - ie official reception closing time

B-)

There is another side to this in that late stayers are preventing new arrivals from using their pitches.

We went to the CC site at Southport about 18 months ago on a Sunday. As we arrived after 12 noon we assumed that all the people who were leaving that day had gone and chose a pitch on that basis.

Later we found a number of vacant pitches which we would have preferred to use had they been empty when we arrived.

Graham

K&D - 2008-05-06 5:40 PM

Minstrel - 2008-05-06 4:33 PM

because its not so easy with a 24ft caravan on the back of you, and i dont know about the rest of you but even when we had the mh i never felt at ease leaving it unattended apart from onsite, when its blatantly obvious there is going to be hundreds if not thousands of pounds worth of possessions inside

Now I know why you went back to a caravan :D ... seriously though I can see that having a motorhome would be quite tying if you didn't want to take it off site for securty reasons. We park ours pretty much anyware (within reason) and just get on with it, in reality I guess that not many people have actually had their motorhome broken into but it is the thought of it happening that causes the discontent.

I'm with Graham on this one, it is annoying if you've turned up early afternoon and got pitched to then find that a more suitable spot becomes vacant a couple of hours later due to someone being able to stay past the official departure time. If this is what they want to do they could at least move to a less preferred pitch or onto the car park therefore letting others who are expected have the benefit of the pitches. When it is the busy season I think noon is a good time to pick, anyone who has had a long journey in the morning will generally arrive about this time and anyone having a long journey home again will probably leave about this time. Whatever time you pick it won't suit somebody, so long as the site wardens are sensible and reasonable there shouldn't be a problem.

We are usually away by 9.30 am at the latest and don't often get to a site until 5.00 pm when 'on tour'. So long as we can get a pitch when we get there, the time doesn't matter to us. B-)

I suppose the point i was trying to make was that on bank holiday monday, it was a lovely afternoon people are all going out for day trips and we were at home for 1pm when we could have had another day out.

The point is Dean, the people that you are talking about have paid for their pitch so they can have another day out.

If you had arrived on site but couldn't get a pitch because because people hadn't moved off by 12 noon you wouldn't be very happy.

You can't have it both ways.

mco - 2008-05-07 10:04 PM

The point is Dean, the people that you are talking about have paid for their pitch so they can have another day out.

If you had arrived on site but couldn't get a pitch because because people hadn't moved off by 12 noon you wouldn't be very happy.

Thats why i suggested 4pm arrive/depart

mco - 2008-05-07 10:04 PM

Thats why i suggested 4pm arrive/depart

Archived