refused entry to a camp site due to age of van!

trikershaun

Welcome Shaun, Keep on posting and enjoy, Dont let the few "sad" ones on here spoil It for you. There are many out there who are very helpful.

I always enjoyed Fred Dibner's programmes too, Sad that he died,

Keep posting we would love to hear how your Motorhome is coming along.

Good Luck. Ria.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ohgrandma - 2008-05-10 12:07 PM Welcome Shaun, Keep on posting and enjoy, Dont let the few "sad" ones on here spoil It for you. There are many out there who are very helpful. I always enjoyed Fred Dibner's programmes too, Sad that he died, Keep posting we would love to hear how your Motorhome is coming along. Good Luck. Ria.

i was not sure if Fred was alive or not that saddens me,

shamethere was a lot of knowledge locked away in him

trikershaun - 2008-05-10 12:29 PM
ohgrandma - 2008-05-10 12:07 PM Welcome Shaun, Keep on posting and enjoy, Dont let the few "sad" ones on here spoil It for you. There are many out there who are very helpful. I always enjoyed Fred Dibner's programmes too, Sad that he died, Keep posting we would love to hear how your Motorhome is coming along. Good Luck. Ria.

i was not sure if Fred was alive or not that saddens me,

shamethere was a lot of knowledge locked away in him

iv sent a email to the admins of this forum as soon as they get back to me with the answer yes i will put up the link, i have found just putting links as your sig can get you removed from the site as this has happened to me with 'caravan for'  site run by erik,

as soon as iv got the updates finished i will up lode the link there are in total about 50 pics to do and i do not know the soft were that my mate has put together, god iv only just got to grip's with the spell checker.lol.

brief history.

the van was used by the council of London when new ,as a mini bus then it was sold on to the red cross for use as a first aid support unit bus last saw use at the birthday cake (a group of circles on the road nicknamed as) at London palace on princess Diane's funeral

it was sold on to a member of the red cross and he began the breakdown of the van  ready for the converting, he has finished most of the out side  with new ally side resided the roof height and adding siltz windows total spend £4000 by him iv already put 3000 more to the total as I'm going very teky in side, with the likes of electric sliding tv from the bottom of a roof storage box over the cab, I'm also hoping to do something the same with the double bed i over the cab.

also revers cam and sensors and a built in gps with maps dvd head unit with two 7 inch screens and a 15 inch flat for the electric unit over the cab, two water heaters one being a heat exchanger and the other the same type as you will find in most old caravans as that is were its come from, fridge 5000 wots Genny if i can make a garage with out getting a hgv tag plate for my troubles as the laws have changed..

the list is long.

the van is over 25 years so you can see my concerns for not being turned away from camp sites.

it also has electric step a top of the range alarm sys with auto start on the key fob,  hope i don't leave it in gear'

Shaun, look forward to seeing some pic's, You certainly have done a lot to it. Well Done you, One thing is for sure there isn't another one like it, I expect you get a lot of satisfaction, just seeing what you have done already, Ria.

a lot has been dun so far and im not even 1/4 way there yet, anway heres the link so far. keep lookin as every day i will try to do a page for the link.

i will not be returning to this thread as it had got to silly there is a new thread below this one on the index page of the forum.,

• 1 year later...

this is getting a bit confusing now but as i keep misplacing the old threads i will link this to the new thread and it will not change this time as have finally sust the control panel.

and thankt to the chap that put me on to the spell checker on google bar, what help this has had

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14629

Archived