B to B or Solar?

Paul M

What should I do? Should I buy a Battery to Battery Charger at about £175 or an 80 to 100w Solar panel £500+

The B to B seems a good idea as I will be able to keep the batteries completly charged or should i go solar which would keep them charged during the sunny months but I like to use our MH during the winter. The longest we stay in one place is 3 to 4 days.

I await your suggestions.

Paul *-)

No experience of B to B, hopefully users of that will advise.

£500 for 80w Solar I guess includes reg and fitting as seems a little high just for parts.

An 80w panel would provide plenty of power for all our needs even in winter.

we have a 100w sp and as long as its sunny, we have no problems...But during the shepton in jan we had problems. No elec hook up, no sun and it was cold. With blown air heaters, they sap the battery and we had to use the honda10i . I do'nt like the noise, so we have now purchased the 1600 efoy. Problem solved. Of course in sunny times the so;ar works great and will supply all the power we need. Shower ,lights ,tv ,sat dish, ect. I must say i've no idea of the b to b and will make it a prioity to find out.

Which one is right for you depends mainly on what type of camping you do. Lets assume you don't use main sites with hookup for a start. If you only stay in one place for a couple of days maximum and then travel for an hour or more to your next location then I'd say the B2B unit would probably serve you better. If however you stay for longer periods in one place without moving then a solar panel would likely serve you better.

D.

Another consideration is whether you lay up van for any lenght of time, normaly this doesn't apply to me, but this year van has been unused since january, checked bateries last week both fully charged by solar panel, a lot of people post problems over winter and into spring of their batteries being flat or wreaked after laying up van.

Hi,I looked at this my self B to B but we have a New Hymer and if you look in the roadpro book it says in there if hymer ask your dealer about this way.I then ask Hymer oh yes said the man no need with hymer it just like B to B, so now i have put two 110ap batterys and hope this will work ok.

Archived