Water pump problem?

Herri

I'm quite new to motorhomes and have a 1997 Bürstner with a Thetford 200 WC with an electric flush. It always worked but amount of water which came out was insufficient to clean all the bowl. Being new to this game, I thought this was normal. The cold water taps work ok, although the amount of cold varies and when on hot, although nice and hot tends to spit as if having air in the system..

Last weekend the ammount of flush-water in the toilet suddenly became greater and for a couple of flushes was great. (almost as good as home)

Its now gone back to its original state.

Question: Is the WC, cold & hot all pumped by the same pump.

If so can I assume the pump is on its last legs or could there be another reason?

My pump has four connections in total which I am led to believe is a diaphram one.

Any ideas out there ?

Thanks

Herri

Herri:

If your Thetford C-200 toilet has not got its own flush-water reservoir (This will be the case if there is no separate water-filler in your motorhome's body-side), then water for the WC, cold and hot taps and shower will all be pumped by the same pump.

As you can see the pump (ie. it is not inside the motorhome's fresh-water tank), then it will be a diaphragm type (probably made by SHURflo). As the pump is (presumably) now 11 years old, then it may be coming to the end of its useful life. However, it would be wise to check that the filter-unit on the pump is not clogged, as this will definitely restrict the flow of water.

Archived