Tom Tom Aires?

skottle

skottle - 2008-05-10 5:41 PM Hi, Thanks for that. I am a bit steady on computers as you might of guessed. The link says i need a certain type of file (ov2 or bmp) of which mine are not. I have pdf files, i tke it they won't do?

Correct, they won't work.

A POI is made up of 2 files.  A .BMP file (which is the little graphic icon which shows on the map) and an .OV2 file (which contains the locations of your chosen POI).

You've downloaded the locations of something in a 'text' format which would need a lot of work to turn into a useable POI.  Which POI are you trying to use? 

hi waytogo, yes sorry I didn't explain that very well, I think from memory you insert it as a comma delimited file, did it with a PDF of 4000 germany stelplazt that don posted awhile back.

Took a bit of jiggey pokery but got their in the end.

While I have been writing this I have been wondering if I copied it to msword first and then saved it as an RTF, before inserting it into excel? Memory is shot sorry.

Olley

Olley, I'm not aware that you can 'insert' a PDF file into Excel but you are correct that if you had the raw data, this could be inserted as a delimited file using a variety of types, ie, space, ", tab etc.

Depending how well the PDF has been created will depend how successful you are regarding transferring the data.

Out of interest, what POI are you after?  Wouldn't want to see you recreate the wheel ;-)

W2G

Hi,

I am trying to put French aires into my Tom Tom,

when I got them I didn't realise you needed certain file types (should hve done my homework 1st!!).

I've had my Tom Tom three years and only just realised I could put things on it!! :$

skottle - 2008-05-14 7:10 AM Hi, I am trying to put French aires into my Tom Tom, when I got them I didn't realise you needed certain file types (should hve done my homework 1st!!). I've had my Tom Tom three years and only just realised I could put things on it!! :$

I sat down to write another 'beginners guide to installing POIs' and decided to copy and paste some of the stuff I've already written (which I posted at the beginning of this thread).

The result is, I don't know how much simplier I can make it 8-)

Have a read of the PDF I posted then read it again ;-)

If you still don't understand it come back to me with a specific question/s and I'll try to answer them for you.

W2G

Archived