dogs and motorhomes

jack russell

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think you're just loving the controversy now! We will have to agree to differ so I wish you a very happy Summer and hope that all us dog-owners will prove so irrestibly clean and contented that you will come to see us on a different light. Jack

Guest Tracker

Wassa WUM Janine?

The best way to treat people like 'puzzled' who are anonymous and unhelpful is to ignore them until such time as they turn into real people and are able to communicate proper like.

I agree with his/her/it's thoughts that camp sites are better without dog mess because when my son was small it gave us problems sometimes too.

That said, I would never ask any site owner to ban dogs but I might ask him to ban dog owners caught not cleaning up their dog's act.

Trouble is they seem to only come out after dark and we have all seen them scurrying past in the shadows with their dog - off lead of course.

We all know what they are up to so if it bothers Mr/Ms puzzled he/she could always follow them with a night vision camera and snap the offenders in action.

Guest Tracker
J9withdogs - 2008-05-20 8:36 PM

Wind-up Merchant :D

No need to have the wind up - nobody's gonna hurt him/her/ot!

Guest Tracker

I don't recall being asked if I carry a poop scoop?

I don't - it's too bulky for my pocket.

But I am not afraid to pick it up by hand (as long as a bag is between me and the doo dah!) and I as can't afford a handbag to carry a scoop in due to the high price of dog food that's the way it will stay!

BUT I DO carry a plastic doggy doo dah bag in almost every pocket and like most people am not afraid to use them - or offer one to a needy passer by - when needed.

Puzzled - 2008-05-21 11:34 AM

Beleive me I am real but not a WUM. As expected not one dog lover here admitted to carrying a poop scoop. Do the doggies use the camper loo????

As you well know Mr Puzzled, every responsible dog-owner carriers a pocket full of nappy-sacks for the inevitable crap job.

I have yet to find an uncleared land-mine on any site I've been on, so I assume that you are talking out of your rear-end?

Puzzled - 2008-05-21 11:34 AM

Beleive me I am real but not a WUM. As expected not one dog lover here admitted to carrying a poop scoop. Do the doggies use the camper loo????

For your information puzzled >:-( we didnt think you expected a reply BUT seing as your interested I use Nappy bags (perfumed) PEACH :-D and every jacket, jeans, trousers, shorts that I wear has at least three in the pockets. Hope that answers your question ! Now will you B off and bother someone else.

J9withdogs - 2008-05-19 9:22 PM

:D :D :D

I noticed last week that the Caravan Club sites I stayed at asked if I had dogs with me - do you think they are building-up to charging for them?

No Jan we have been C.C. members for 16 years and they have always asked. :-)

Perhaps Mr Puzzled frequents different sites to the rest of us ... maybe he needs to change where he goes to find a better place.

No, we weren't asked about how we go about picking up the doggy doings, but I use either food bags or nappy bags and we also have a sealable sandwich box type container in the van so that if there aren't any bins to put the dooings in, we can safely put the bag in the box and keep it safe until such time as we can dispose of it sensibly.

As for getting the dogs to use the toilet ... when my father in law installed one of those dog waste bins in his garden, the sort you buried in the ground - looked a bit like a dusbin with holes in the bottom - his friend came over, took one look at it and asked "how do you get the dog to use it without falling in?" 8-) She thought the poor pooches would have to be taught to use it!!!! (lol)

J9withdogs - 2008-05-21 6:58 PM

Just think how many members they would lose if they did start to charge!

We went to the site near you at Bridgenoth Jan and we had to pay for my little one and we booked that out of the C.C. book but it is just managed by the CC and privately owned. :-S My opinion is that its a cheek after all what facilities do they use?

davenewell@home - 2008-05-21 7:05 PM

We went to a private site in Wales last weekend and I happily paid an extra £1 per night for the dog and yes I ALWAYS clean up after him. I have never seen a pitch fouled with dog poo.

D.

No neither have I Dave I think dog haters just use it as an excuse to winge.

Puzzled - 2008-05-21 8:22 PM

When a dog poos it also pees how do you collect that?[/quote

No it doesnt actually. :D and we get plenty of rain in this country to wash it away. You really are a M.O.S arent you were does your pee go??

Archived