Credit cards again

Stuart

Having got an Asda credit card after the Goldfish """""up, I could get 2p per litre discount off petrol and diesel at their stores, graet. I also got points on the amount spent both in Asda stores and other outlets.

Last month no points were added to my account, I e-mailed them to ask why and got a standard reply to say my query would be dealt with within 24 hours.

3 days later they sent an answer to tell me I had reached the "cap" of 3000 points, £30 worth of vouchers next November so anything I spend until then attracts no bonus although the 2p is still there on fuel.

It is quite likely that this was in the small print but certainly nobody drew my attention to it. Has anybody else been caught like this?

Looks like back to Caravan Club card now Goldfish have passed it on to Barclays.

End of whinge.

Stuart

you could always get a charity card - I had one till I fell out with the Coop bank - mind I've also fallen out with Tesco AND I'm not interested in their Clubcard Deals anymore - so now I use Nationwide all the time - radically reduces the bits of plastic in my wallet >:-)

heaven forbid that us punters should actually gain on these deals

bit like heads they win tails the rest of us lose

B-)

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the "points warning". We use our Asda card for fuel all the time and appreciate the 2p discount - especially at the moment with such high fuel prices, as Asda is usually cheaper than other local garages any way.

I called Asda customer services recently and asked for a list of all Asda stores with fuel available, so we could fill up on our travels and still save a few quid if we are near a suitable outlet. (£1.50 on the last refill - I know, but it soon adds up, since we got the Asda card 6 months ago we have received over £17 discount from our local Asda S/Stn.)

They asked if I wanted it posted, faxed or e-mailed - within 3 hours the email with file att. duly arrived. This means that when we retrieve our MH from Towtal on Saturday we know we can fill up at Stafford with no problem. :->

Well I mouthed off on here loudly about the lousy Goldfish service, which I duly sacked, and cheered the ASDA card.

Well I'm sorry to report that the service by ASDA (run by GE money) is garbage too. Their website is down as many times as it's up, the online payment is weary and to cap it all, I have just been in the middle of an automated phone payment, (Yes the website/online payment is down again), and I was transferred to a phone operator!!

This of course is all at my expense (0845 numbers), although to be fair the operator did offer an apology.

I've never been a "chop & changer" but the alarm bells are ringing again.

Martyn

LordThornber - 2008-05-15 9:38 AM

This of course is all at my expense (0845 numbers), although to be fair the operator did offer an apology.

I've never been a "chop & changer" but the alarm bells are ringing again.

Martyn

Ma Lord don't be duped by this 0845 business - run the number passed the database on WWW.SAYNOTO0870.com and see if there's an 01 alternative. Most high volume call centres are listed there including those gov't ones run by our friend 10p Brown.

Vernon

Archived