Aires in Italy

ChrisD

Guest JudgeMental

Yes there are Aires or sostas in Italy, we tend to use them while touring down then book into campsites.

Have had a look on my sat nav and camperstop book and they are there.

We are returning to Lake Garda this summer, although we have not used aires around the lake, in high season I would think they would be very busy in such a popular area.

the Italians like getting up close and personal. to such an extent on one occasion I could only partially open door and squeeze out.

not everyones idea of a holiday *-)

Had proof of that in France your honour! a German Hymer was parked "over the line" into the next space. I watched him do this, he presumably thought that no one would then be next to him. At about 22.00 hours, 2 Italian vans arrived, 1 moved down the line but the second squeezed in the gap! They were so close the German, who tried to get out to remonstrate, couldn't open his door! Much head shaking but the Italian was there for the night.

An impressive piece of manouvering though to get in the gap. :-D

Guest JudgeMental
ChrisD - 2008-05-17 8:06 PM

Thanks guys. If you do go to Garda this summer judge we would be interested to hear about your travels.

Thanks again

We were there last year, my teenagers had such a great time we did what we never do normally and booked same site for this year.

http://www.fornella.it/camping.c/NEWS--FORNELLA-2008.html

If you have specific questions feel free to ask. If its the sort of thing you are looking for you may be lucky.... but it is an extremely popular site and get's booked up early.

Depends when you go Judge, we were at Fornella last September (starting last day of high season) and stayed a week. Lovely site and very nice owners. The restaurant is also very good, in fact many campers come from other sites to use the shop and eat in the restaurant. Enjoy.

We used aires in Italy from the French aires book and found them quite easily however the standard was very variable. Due to the cost of diesel we may not be venturing so far this year but would not hesitate to recommend Italian aires to anyone thinking of going south.

ChrisD - 2008-05-16 1:31 PM

Hi, Does anyone have experience of Aires in northern Italy,

particularly around the Lakes. All thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Hi Chris,

Sorry I missed your original post.

There's an Italian Aires guide http://www.vicarious-shop.co.uk/view_product.php?c_id=4&sc_id=&p_id=9 it's in Italian but easy to follow.

Don

Archived