POIs for Garmin Nuvi 660

Rees

Please, can anyone explain how I can access/use POIs after I have downloaded the listings using Garmin POI loader?

1. Do specific items get shown as little icons on the main screen as I travel or;

2. do I always have to click on WHERE TO?/EXTRAS/CUSTOM POIs to find locally available services etc, e.g. Tesco stores and ASDA.

Are there any POIs that show CLs and similar small sites?

Guest JudgeMental

have you downloaded to an SD card or direct to unit?

I believe its best to leave mapping as is and use an SD card.

custom POI's normally only show when you have moved to that location and then select as you say: where to > Extras > custom POI

you can look at custom POI any time by dragging map to area you want to look at - then press SET LOCATION on task bar > then as above....

If you are interested, send me your email address by PM and I will send you compressed files of all AIRES for France and Europe. plus ACSI campsites and a few other groups.....

you need to create a "garmin" folder on your desktop. then unzip all the files and put relevant files in folder. then download "POI LOADER" from garmin site. then load via that once installed.... I think you already know how to do this.

every time you want to add a new group > add them to PC folder then download complete folder content to SDcard/or unit.

as every time you add POI to unit it overwrites whats there......

Herri - 2008-05-19 11:08 AM

I got the CL's via a thread on this site.

Also Tescos (sad are'nt I?)

Please can you give me the exact location of note on the thread on this site? Thanks.

Thanks for the information. I found POIHANLER. com especially useful and have downloaded all that I creently need. However, it seems that PoiEdit seems to be not available at present. Try later??

Archived