"Fix & Go" for punctures instead of spare wheel

Samiot

Our new Hymer B508 CL has no spare wheel. Instead it has a kit called "Fix & Go", which consists of a 12v air compressor and a cylinder of latex to inject into the inside of the punctured wheel - at least, this is what I understand is supposed to happen: so far we have no instructions provided.

I am seeking accounts of people's experiences of using this system. I am somewhat concerned at the prospect of setting forth with no spare wheel. Does anyone have any comments or advice, please?

If you can get the search to work on this forum (it can be tempremental) you will find this discussed several times, both 'fix and go' and using ultraseal, personaly I prefer a spare wheel having had three tyres wreacked beyond repair, two bursting and a third gashed by a flint.

Quite agree Colin. The spare wheel was an extra when we ordered our new 'van - not happy to have to pay for something I consider essential but there was no way I was setting out without one!

Our ,van (fully loaded) is 5.2 tonne and I would dread to think what would happen to a tyre if that weight came down on it suddenly!

I have had 'Ultraseal' or similar installed for years and never had a flat tyre but being "belt and braces type" I have always carried spare. Better to be with it and not need it; than need it and not have it. "Sods law" is always hovering around waiting to prove a point and make some one feel daft, and embarrased.

Archived