Campsites around Arcachon/Biscarrosse?

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

Was intending to head for Carnac in southern Brittany for the half term week. But weather not looking to promising......

So.... thinking of going a bit further down to Bordeux region and looking for recommendations for sites around Arcachon/Biscarrosse

full service 4* plus only lol

the kids will turn there noses up at anything less! :-D

Would of thought your kids had four star with mum on board :D I mean all they have to do is sit back and play with the play station .

I dont know kids these days what ever happened to looking out the window and playing that game with the book where you had to spy everything in the book.

I have never in al the time we have been going to France been to Bordeaux so maybe we will head that way also if the weather is better .

So jumped on your thread hope you dont mind . Any suggestion for the judge & me anyone . Nice places to go and visit things to do ?

We are about 50 miles North of Bordeaux and the weather recently has been very mixed . can't make its mind up what it wants to do. Roasting one minute, raining the next then thunderstorms. We keep looking at the Meteo France but that keeps changing, anyway its not cold that's the main thing.

Page 160 Caravan Europe 1, Camping Municipal de Verdalle. Stayed here 1st week last July. The site was clean and tidy. Snack bar/pizza stand outside the gates at night. Fresh bread available from reception! Within walking distance of the shops T.I.C. and cafes, (about 6-700 metres). Arcachon itself is about 5 minutes down the road in the van or there is a bus from nearby. The beach is adj but it seems to be an estuary beach so not the cleanest water for bathing!

Our pitch was near the road but it was ok, there are some holiady houses and another site just nearby so not much traffic, well no fast or heavy vehicles at all really.

have a nice trip

Guest JudgeMental
Randonneur - 2008-05-19 8:31 PM

We are about 50 miles North of Bordeaux and the weather recently has been very mixed . can't make its mind up what it wants to do. Roasting one minute, raining the next then thunderstorms. We keep looking at the Meteo France but that keeps changing, anyway its not cold that's the main thing.

Thanks for that - nothing like a bit of local knowledge.....

will keep looking at forecast and make a decision on Friday when we leave.

if weather not great I think we will still head for Carnac as Bordeaux coastal area may be a bit bleak without the sun *-)

found some nice municipal sites between Biarritz n Gironde estuary over the years - but - some sites are very big n busy - it's one long beach area with lots of bike trails in from the coast. sort of lake district with attitude I suppose.

could try Ile d'Oleron - La Rochelle - Royan area - not quite as far to drive but weather generally more reliable than Brittany.

B-)

Guest JudgeMental
twooks - 2008-05-20 7:50 PM

found some nice municipal sites between Biarritz n Gironde estuary over the years - but - some sites are very big n busy - it's one long beach area with lots of bike trails in from the coast. sort of lake district with attitude I suppose.

could try Ile d'Oleron - La Rochelle - Royan area - not quite as far to drive but weather generally more reliable than Brittany.

B-)

Thing is it looks like rain everywhere even on the cote de azur for next week..... *-)

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day.

wonder how reliable these 10 day forecasts are though 8-)

at least the site in Carnac has everything. it is in a nice town town near other places of interest, heated indoor outdoor pool and cheap internet. site I emailed yesterday south of vendee wanted 6 euro for 30 minutes!( Carnac 10 euro a week)

do like brittany - despite the icky weather,

love the crepes - and the caramel from guerande

as for weather guessing - easiest way to forecast the weather is stick to not much change - so today's like yesterday like tomorrow, - statistically have the greatest chance to get it right this way. seem to remember suzanne charlton stuck to that method and got a good score -

weather in Europe does seem to be getting worse tho

we're stuck in the uk until september - so we're hoping for a good indian summer - and probably will stay around Netherlands area - again

good hunting for the sun in the meantime

B-)

Archived