FRANCE HELP NEEDED

booboo

yeah im starting to think that myself ,the kids are 16,15,10,8,the older two coming under protest :-D ill be honest i thought i had to have it all booked thats the camp sites i mean,which meant the trip a bit regimental ,the ferrys booked thats the important bit i suppose ,go with the flow on everything else i think. cheers and thanks keith

Guest JudgeMental

"HELP NEEDED" your not kidding!lol

With 6 in a van and 4 of them youngsters I would think you need proper sites with facilities for an enjoyable break.

Brittany weather at this or any time can be unpredictable. We were in Northern Brittany last year and weather was very poor. we went along to the Granite cost - Perros Guricac and it was lovely. st Michael and Honefleur worth a look.

If I was you I would head for Honefleur and stay on Aire for first night and head for a site from there (what we are probably doing) its a lovely town and a great introduction to France

6 in a van on an Aire will be a miserable experience if weather to bad to go outside. We use Aires when traveling but not my teenagers idea of a holiday lol

There are nice sites further along at Benodet, this time we are heading for Carnac, southern Brittany:

http://www.lesmenhirs.com/index.html

of season rate 34 euro. in door/outdoor heated pools, BAR etc....

its in a lovely town so biking walking distance from everything. and by the way did I say there was a very nice BAR? lol

Have you a sat nav and decent guide books?

Guest JudgeMental

P.S.

And consider bringing a likle tent for the teenagers.

They will prefer the independence and privacy and so will you! lol

we don't normally go that late in the season (lol) ie July - but I would guess that you should be able to find somewhere without too much trouble - even if only for one night to get your bearings.

the big attraction of the motorhome is that it's not regimented - and is flexible.

agree that you could do with a tent - and / or a gazebo - somewhere were you can get some space.

if you're heading for the coast - don't forget you've access to the biggest swimming pool of them all (lol) >:-)

B-)

thanks for that judge mental and twooks yeah ive been thinking about it at my work today and i agree with yourself judge that aires arent ideal for such a van full,we usually only use the van for the younger two kids at weekends ,the older two doing there own thing most weekends staying with freinds and the like.we are going to take a tent and see how we get on but i think the quicker on a camp the better,probarly the last time the older kids come with us so its all about just enjoying france for the first experience ,and realise it wont be totally perfect.but good all the same.thanks for the links ill have a look at them before the football the night :-D CHEERS KEITH

Archived