Problems in France

Don Madge

Thanks Don. We are setting off about 6pm this evening to catch to 7.10am train in the morning. We had planned to stay at Folkestone Harbour truck park tonight but it looks like we will have to spend the night on the M20 >:-)

John.

Guest JudgeMental

Here we go

This would not be the first time this has happened to me on a bank holiday - is it a holiday in France I wonder......

Lets hope the tunnel is OK for Friday.

one of the main reasons I avoid ferries are times like this.

thanks Don

These are the public holidays in France for 2008.

1 Jan New Year's Day.

24 Mar Easter Monday.

1 May Labour Day.

1 May Ascension.

8 May 1945 Victory Day.

12 May Whit Monday.

14 Jul Bastille Day.

15 Aug Assumption.

1 Nov All Saints' Day.

11 Nov Remembrance Day.

25 Dec Christmas Day.

Juast happened to be speaking with the folk at Camping Cheques, (who I notice are actually based in Kent) and they have been told to advise anyone travelling through them from Dover to expect some delays today, and to arrive for the ferries 'later', but it seems they are expecting things to get going aagin later on today.

Having just seen the lorries in 'operation Stack' on TV news, I wonder!!!

It's not BH in France, but no doubt with the UK one the French thought it a good time to take this action!!

Thanks Don ,

I actually went to surrey today and as I got to the M20 junction I could see the warning signs over head . We stopped at Clackett lane services i did wonder why so many M/homes were there today .I thought lucky them setting off on holidays silly me .

We sailed back Tuesday night @ 18.30 the protesters had blocked off the tunnell entrance in Calais and were getting ready to blockade the ferry terminals the police were parked up all along the route to the ferry entrance so think e were lucky to get home on time.

Whilst in Brittany we went to see CarolH who sends her regards to you all but she has not yet been able to get online but hopes to soon they are enjoying their new venture of mine host and working on the site.

Guest JudgeMental

My tunnel crossing is @11 Friday night....

surely they will all be hammered on the old vino colapso at that time (lol)

When we went off to france for skiing operation stack was in place and we took the M2 to Canterbury instead, this was fine but a small delay as we came down the road ramp to one of the roundabouts as the police stopped all lorries and they were obliged to back up to the M20 and join the queue!

Archived