Using Google Maps with TomTom OR Garmin

Way2Go

At last there is now a direct link between Google Maps and a TomTom or Garmin GPS device (da Judge will be pleased ;-)) which will allow you to find a business or location in Google Maps and directly transfer its location to your GPS device as a location or favourite. 

For anyone who is interested, I've just written a ‘How To’ guide to explain how it works.  You can download a copy from http://tinyurl.com/5dyuep

Way2Go

Yes that would be a good ideal otherwise you'll get two sets of commands.

Did you go for a subscription?

Did you get the voices as well?

Do you see my 'How to' guide regarding linking the voice to the POI?

W2G

Hi

Yes we bought the POIs and only downloaded 1,UK single file with all camera,s and 2 Eur; single file with all cameras. have I done the right thing? there was 3 options.?

I have seen the guide but didnt think we needed the voices.

The T.T. 710 has a 2 gig card, but I think the T.T. can only take so many POIs that is why I asked about removing existing cameras, and do I do this through T.T. Home?

Sorry if we are a nuisance. Margaret pp. John

Is no trouble.

The newer versioned TomToms can take up to 100 POIs so unless you are a real keenie you probably got room ;-)

I download the 'Speed Zoned Complete' version and have a set of warning voices to go with it like the attached.

If you decide to go for the 'Speed Zoned Complete' as well, let me know and I'll send you the warning voices.

Still get rid of the original TomTom Speed Cameras otherwise it gets very confusing ;-)

W2G

pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.ogg

dwaviation - 2008-05-24 7:42 AM My Zone Alarm firewall won't let me access that site due to some security problem. Site tracking I think - Be careful...

Hi David, that's more likely to be an over-sensitive Zone Alarm setting (although thanks for sending me your banking id and password 8-))

The file is far too big to post here so if you'd like a copy I'd be happy to email it to you.

. . . . and there was me thinking someone was going to thank me for posting it.

W2G

Archived