Deaths in Gaza

StuartO

News reports of 50+ deaths of Palestinians at the border with Israel seem to project them as victims and don't seem to mention that they were people who went to the border en masse to confront, attack and provoke the Israeli forces and were probably directed or at least orchestrated to doso.  The Israelis never hesitate to retaliate and never shrink from using their overwhelming force, so don't we have to assume that the demonstraters were on a suicide mission of some sort.  Will it never end?

Guest pelmetman

Nope :-| ........It's been going on since the 7th century so why think its ever going to stop? :-S ........

I reckon there's going to be another big bun fight with Iran soon, makes sense to get it over and done with before they have a nuclear capability ..........

Hamas believe (as do most Muslims and Labour/Momentum members) that Israel and Jews should be wiped off the face of the earth ... Yesterday's episode is just an excuse to carry on much the same they have for years ... Well done the Israelis for not pussy footing around yesterday ... If it was here we'd still be putting out some cones

StuartO - 2018-05-15 8:49 AM

News reports of 50+ deaths of Palestinians at the border with Israel seem to project them as victims and don't seem to mention that they were people who went to the border en masse to confront, attack and provoke the Israeli forces and were probably directed or at least orchestrated to doso. The Israelis never hesitate to retaliate and never shrink from using their overwhelming force, so don't we have to assume that the demonstraters were on a suicide mission of some sort. Will it never end?

As Veronica mentioned yesterday it was a purposely provocative act by Trump to choose yesterday to stage the opening of the US Embassy in Jerusalem......70 years after the state of Israel was created. He could have used the opportunity to engage a peace process but no, instead he stuck two fingers up at the Palestinians and tweeted "Big day for Israel....Congratulations" whilst armed Israeli troop massacred almost 60 unarmed Palestinians and wounded 2,500 at the border.

As news broke the sickly Trump sycophant Ann Coulter tweeted this gross remark;

Netanyahu who called it "a glorious day", Trump congratulating, and the actions of Israeli forces have received world wide condemnation and i find the gleeful reveling by a few nasty people with warped minds over yesterdays massacre utterly despicable.

Even some decent Jewish people have condemned yesterday's actions......including this man who summed it up perfectly;

https://www.channel4.com/news/btselems-hagai-el-ad-on-gaza-deaths-defending-the-border-is-not-a-licence-to-kill

antony1969 - 2018-05-15 9:35 AM

Hamas believe (as do most Muslims and Labour/Momentum members) that Israel and Jews should be wiped off the face of the earth ... Yesterday's episode is just an excuse to carry on much the same they have for years ... Well done the Israelis for not pussy footing around yesterday ... If it was here we'd still be putting out some cones

1.4 million Muslims are Israeli resident accounting for 20% of the population.

You do realise one of the Jewish terrorist groups organised by Stern in the 1940's offered their services to the Nazi's during ww2. They were refused but carried out attacks against British anyway. Stern saw no difference between Hitler and Chamberlain.

Bulletguy - 2018-05-15 2:24 PM

You do realise one of the Jewish terrorist groups organised by Stern in the 1940's offered their services to the Nazi's during ww2. They were refused but carried out attacks against British anyway. Stern saw no difference between Hitler and Chamberlain.

You do realise we are in 2018 and not the 1940s ???

antony1969 - 2018-05-15 3:03 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-05-15 2:24 PM

You do realise we are in 2018 and not the 1940s ???

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/latest-population-statistics-for-israel

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/israel-population/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Israel

Bulletguy - 2018-05-15 2:08 PM

News reports of 50+ deaths of Palestinians at the border with Israel seem to project them as victims and don't seem to mention that they were people who went to the border en masse to confront, attack and provoke the Israeli forces and were probably directed or at least orchestrated to doso. The Israelis never hesitate to retaliate and never shrink from using their overwhelming force, so don't we have to assume that the demonstraters were on a suicide mission of some sort. Will it never end?

As Veronica mentioned yesterday it was a purposely provocative act by Trump to choose yesterday to stage the opening of the US Embassy in Jerusalem......70 years after the state of Israel was created. He could have used the opportunity to engage a peace process but no, instead he stuck two fingers up at the Palestinians and tweeted "Big day for Israel....Congratulations" whilst armed Israeli troop massacred almost 60 unarmed Palestinians and wounded 2,500 at the border.

Netanyahu who called it "a glorious day", Trump congratulating, and the actions of Israeli forces have received world wide condemnation and i find the gleeful reveling by a few nasty people with warped minds over yesterdays massacre utterly despicable.

Even some decent Jewish people have condemned yesterday's actions......including this man who summed it up perfectly;

https://www.channel4.com/news/btselems-hagai-el-ad-on-gaza-deaths-defending-the-border-is-not-a-licence-to-kill

Yes I can see and agree with all that.

But then I put myself in Israel's shoes and wonder what else they can do.

Principles are easier when you can afford them.

But they are a small country surrounded by bigger hostile countries with barbaric leaders who might bring on another holocaust if they had the chance.

Israel fights dirty because war is a dirty business - and best avoided if possible :-(

John52 - 2018-05-15 5:35 PM

But they are a small country surrounded by bigger hostile countries with barbaric leaders who might bring on another holocaust if they had the chance.

Israel fights dirty because war is a dirty business - and best avoided if possible :-(

Crikey ... Agree with most of that ... Just the end bit that spoils it ... Israel doesn't fight dirty ... Dirty is when you have Hamas backed thugs using children as shields

Much stems from the Balfour treaty John when Britain agreed a 'national home' for Jews in Palestine 100 years back after the Ottoman Empire. Made during ww1 by allied powers it was a form of colonialism and occupation but the state of Israel wasn't created until 1948. A guy i used to work with gave me an old map of the middle east pre-dating that and the first thing you notice is there is no such place as Israel....it didn't exist on the map.

Since then Israel has gone on to illegally occupy Palestinian land with settlements at Gaza and East Jerusalem flouting international law and ignoring the Geneva Convention. Even some Jewish nationals are not happy about that and spoken out against it.

US financial aid to Israel runs at a staggering $10.1 million every single day........they give Palestine $0.

http://ifamericaknew.org/stat/usaid.html

Their military might is vast with a huge arsenal of sophisticated weaponry including nuclear and ICBM's.

Palestine isn't allowed a military force under the Oslo accord but has around 40,000 security troops and a few ancient rocket launchers, oh and a few tyres to burn and stones to chuck. Israel has a military force of around 160,000 regulars armed to the teeth with state of the art weaponry..

So as to 'what can Israel do'.....instead of massacring unarmed people they could re-engage a peace process by realising nobody is going anywhere with this until both accept a two state solution....and that would mean Israel handing land they've illegally occupied and Palestinians rights to access over Jerusalem for starters.

Bulletguy - 2018-05-15 6:56 PM

Much stems from the Balfour treaty John when Britain agreed a 'national home' for Jews in Palestine 100 years back after the Ottoman Empire. Made during ww1 by allied powers it was a form of colonialism and occupation but the state of Israel wasn't created until 1948. A guy i used to work with gave me an old map of the middle east pre-dating that and the first thing you notice is there is no such place as Israel....it didn't exist on the map.

Since then Israel has gone on to illegally occupy Palestinian land with settlements at Gaza and East Jerusalem flouting international law and ignoring the Geneva Convention. Even some Jewish nationals are not happy about that and spoken out against it.

US financial aid to Israel runs at a staggering $10.1 million every single day........they give Palestine $0.

Their military might is vast with a huge arsenal of sophisticated weaponry including nuclear and ICBM's.

Palestine isn't allowed a military force under the Oslo accord but has around 40,000 security troops and a few ancient rocket launchers, oh and a few tyres to burn and stones to chuck. Israel has a military force of around 160,000 regulars armed to the teeth with state of the art weaponry..

So as to 'what can Israel do'.....instead of massacring unarmed people they could re-engage a peace process by realising nobody is going anywhere with this until both accept a two state solution....and that would mean Israel handing land they've illegally occupied and Palestinians rights to access over Jerusalem for starters.

First point the Arabs swore to push the Israelis into the Mediterranean in 1948 and they are still trying.

Second point you assume to be proficient on the internet so look up the ancient map of Israel and you will see that it was a much larger area before they were disinherited.

That seems to be the biggest problem? and I don't like it either.

But we have to put it in the context of Israel winning it in 1967 when they were facing another holocaust, and keeping it because it was (is?) a necessary buffer zone for their defence?

teflon2 - 2018-05-15 7:52 PM

First point the Arabs swore to push the Israelis into the Mediterranean in 1948 and they are still trying.

Second point you assume to be proficient on the internet so look up the ancient map of Israel and you will see that it was a much larger area before they were disinherited.

Tef....i didn't mean the land didn't exist, i meant the state, as in the country of Israel. It's marked as Palestine and the map was made as a fold out by National Geographic magazine as below (note the map date).

1140199869_NationalGeogmap.JPG.cd6bb9440c06157688f8b49dea04914f.JPG

John52 - 2018-05-15 8:22 PM

But we have to put it in the context of Israel winning it in 1967 when they were facing another holocaust, and keeping it because it was (is?) a necessary buffer zone for their defence?

How much of a 'buffer zone' do they want though? This shows just how much Israel has spread and what bit of Palestine is now left.....and this only goes from 1947 - 2000.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/mapstellstory.html

Emily Thornberry asks Secretary of State an urgent question on Gaza.......at which point Secretary of State runs off. *-)

Only last week when Hunt ran off to avoid answering difficult questions.

£140k pa for running away from the job. :-(

Bulletguy - 2018-05-15 8:45 PM

How much of a 'buffer zone' do they want though? This shows just how much Israel has spread and what bit of Palestine is now left.....and this only goes from 1947 - 2000.

I dunno mate.

All I know is I would feel safer and happier living in Israel than any of its neighbours. And I would want a very secure buffer zone to keep them out :-S

Guest pelmetman

Perhaps they should ask Iran for money instead of weapons? *-) .........

I once thought the Palestinians were hard done by..........Not anymore :-| ........

John52 - 2018-05-16 7:43 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-05-15 8:45 PM

I dunno mate.

All I know is I would feel safer and happier living in Israel than any of its neighbours. And I would want a very secure buffer zone to keep them out :-S

You're beginning to sound like a Brexiteer now!! (lol)

Regards 'safe', travel in Iran (for example) would fill most British with fear and dread yet i knew a couple of brits who worked all over the world on contracts (engineering) and Iran was their favoured country to work. No hotel stopovers for them whilst there as would normally be the case, the company manager invited them into his family home and on time off, showed them around parts of his country.

Levison Wood did a recent series of documentaries walking from Russia to Iran via Dagestan, Azerbaijan and Armenia. Well worth watching if you missed it. The photography and some of the scenery is simply stunning.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/from-russia-to-iran-crossing-wild-frontiers/on-demand/66223-001

pelmetman - 2018-05-16 8:52 AM

Perhaps they should ask Iran for money instead of weapons? *-) .........

We still owe them £450 million....a debt from the 1970's we've yet to pay up.

I once thought the Palestinians were hard done by..........Not anymore :-| ........

Why?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-05-16 3:29 PM

We still owe them £450 million....a debt from the 1970's we've yet to pay up.

Prolly from those biased Bullets you made (lol) ........

Bulletguy - 2018-05-15 8:39 PM

Tef....i didn't mean the land didn't exist, i meant the state, as in the country of Israel. It's marked as Palestine and the map was made as a fold out by National Geographic magazine as below (note the map date).

Nice try but 1947 is not ancient. :D . Try ancient map of Israel it's there and Palestine is not. (>) (>)

teflon2 - 2018-05-16 6:16 PM

Nice try but 1947 is not ancient. :D . Try ancient map of Israel it's there and Palestine is not. (>) (>)

Then why not post it up?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-05-16 6:30 PM

teflon2 - 2018-05-16 6:16 PM

Then why not post it up?

Have a look in the map section of your bible :D .........

Archived