It's National Democracy Week

antony1969

The very fact that you can say that without retribution speaks volumes for the freedoms we take for granted here in the UK and for which we have to thank not only the millions, both military and civilian, who died preserving our way of life but their successors who maintain it.

Guest pelmetman
National Democracy Week?..........I cant see any Remoaners or loony lefties voting for that (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Tracker - 2018-07-02 9:34 AM

The very fact that you can say that without retribution speaks volumes for the freedoms we take for granted here in the UK and for which we have to thank not only the millions, both military and civilian, who died preserving our way of life but their successors who maintain it.

I too thank those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for freedoms we take for granted ... What some of those who died would think about some of those who refuse to accept democracy would be interesting to know

Is this a joke?

Britain is the least democratic country in the EU

We don't elect the absurdly over populated House of Lords or Royal Hangers On - both of which have right of veto over the so called Government 'elected' by votes bribed from the DUP with our money >:-)

antony1969 - 2018-07-02 9:52 AM

I too thank those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for freedoms we take for granted ... What some of those who died would think about some of those who refuse to accept democracy would be interesting to know.

Oh the irony. *-)

752763500_DMrag01.thumb.jpg.f986bd26403652c2a359376f7ae6ecff.jpg

Bulletguy - 2018-07-05 5:04 PM

I too thank those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for freedoms we take for granted ... What some of those who died would think about some of those who refuse to accept democracy would be interesting to know.

Oh the irony. *-)

Oh the Irony quite!! Democracy when it suits some it seems. Bleating on about Democracy and how our parliament should be in control and then once we try and hand control of the Brexit process to the very people they wanted to "Take back control" This!!!

Give over.

The very fact that you can say that without retribution speaks volumes for the freedoms we take for granted here in the UK.

Actually there is a lot we can't say about our Unelected Lords and Masters without retribution.

Royal Hangers on are protected by the Official Secrets Act.

The Daily Star had to pay out over £1million (at a time when the average house price was £25k) just for truthfully printing Lord Archer gave money to a working girl. >:-)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-07-05 11:33 PM

Oh the irony. *-)

Oh the Irony quite!! Democracy when it suits some it seems. Bleating on about Democracy and how our parliament should be in control and then once we try and hand control of the Brexit process to the very people they wanted to "Take back control" This!!!

Give over.

Remind me who won the referendum? ;-) .......and whilst your at it perhaps you could remind those old farts in the House of Lords >:-) ........

Once Brexit is achieved then its time to democratise the House of Lords B-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-07-06 10:22 AM

Oh the irony. *-)

Give over.

Remind me who won the referendum? ;-) .......and whilst your at it perhaps you could remind those old farts in the House of Lords >:-) ........

Once Brexit is achieved then its time to democratise the House of Lords B-) .........

Leave won the advisory referendum in 2016 Dave based on the fact that they wanted to give control of our decisions and laws back to our own parliament. The first major item on the agenda was the Supreme Court deciding that Parliament should have control over Brexit which is what you asked for and the Brexiteers threw their toys out of the pram and called our Supreme Court judges "Enemies of the People". The very heart of our Democracy. Democracy only suits the Brexiteers when its in their favour which is hardly surprising since the referendum was the biggest disgrace to our democracy in living memory. I dunno how they have to the nerve to spout about democracy to be honest.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-07-06 10:36 AM

Oh the irony. *-)

Give over.

Leave won the advisory referendum in 2016 Dave based on the fact that they wanted to give control of our decisions and laws back to our own parliament. The first major item on the agenda was the Supreme Court deciding that Parliament should have control over Brexit which is what you asked for and the Brexiteers threw their toys out of the pram and called our Supreme Court judges "Enemies of the People". The very heart of our Democracy. Democracy only suits the Brexiteers when its in their favour which is hardly surprising since the referendum was the biggest disgrace to our democracy in living memory. I dunno how they have to the nerve to spout about democracy to be honest.

I don't recall voting in a "Advisory" referendum? :-S .........

Oh I forgot that's another one of your little Whinging Remoaner attempts to discredit a legitimate democratic vote >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2018-07-06 10:58 AM

Oh the irony. *-)

Give over.

Oh I forgot that's another one of your little Whinging Remoaner attempts to discredit a legitimate democratic vote >:-) .......

"advisory referendum" ... Someone lock him up

Oh the irony. *-)

Give over.

Remain always said you didn't know what you were voting for. You've just confirmed it!! (lol)(lol)

https://fullfact.org/europe/was-eu-referendum-advisory/

Referendums are never binding usually and this one definitely wasn't / isn't. You never know, Theresa might come out of Chequers tonight after a few G&Ts for Dutch courage and announce "Well we have had a look at it and, you know what? Its a load of bollox, so thanks for the advice but your all crackers, we will have to stay". (lol) I would admire her for that. I might even vote Tory again.

Why do you think we need to leave the EU to do that *-)

Or is it just another Brexit promise (lol)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-07-06 2:08 PM

Why do you think we need to leave the EU to do that *-)

Or is it just another Brexit promise (lol)

When dealing with cesspits...... it's best to do one at a time........It helps keep down the stink ;-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-07-06 12:41 PM

Oh the irony. *-)

Give over.

Remain always said you didn't know what you were voting for. You've just confirmed it!! (lol)(lol)

https://fullfact.org/europe/was-eu-referendum-advisory/

I guess we'll find out how advisory it was in 265 days time >:-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-07-06 1:35 PM

Referendums are never binding usually and this one definitely wasn't / isn't. You never know, Theresa might come out of Chequers tonight after a few G&Ts for Dutch courage and announce "Well we have had a look at it and, you know what? Its a load of bollox, so thanks for the advice but your all crackers, we will have to stay". (lol) I would admire her for that. I might even vote Tory again.

Looks like a compromise ;-) ..........Brexiteers get to leave B-) .......Remoaners get to pay >:-) .......

Archived