No-one wants to be King

John52

I don't think there are any good reasons to have an elected Head of State.  There is always a risk of getting a genetic throwback as first in line but an election would be far more likely to impose some real crook or (it's not nice to insult people) on us!

Thankfully Prince Harry also said "but they are all ready to step up and do their duty when the time comes" or words to than effect.

StuartO - 2017-06-23 11:56 AM

There is always a risk of getting a genetic throwback as first in line but an election would be far more likely to impose some real crook.

Possibly - but we could get rid of the elected one at the next election. We wouldn't be forced to have him, his extended family and hangers on, plus all his descendants, their extended families and hangers on, whatever they turn out to be like, for evermore.

I wouldn't want to wait until the next election to get rid of someone like Jeremy Corbyn or Tony Blair or Donald Trump!

(By the way the phrase "its not nice to insult people" was substituted presumably by the Forum software for the pejorative term I chose in a generalised context in my last post, even though I wasn't actually insulting anyone at all!)

StuartO - 2017-06-23 1:11 PM

I wouldn't want to wait until the next election to get rid of someone like Jeremy Corbyn or Tony Blair or Donald Trump!

Would you rather wait forever if someone worse were imposed on you without an election?

Guest pelmetman
PJay - 2017-06-23 8:00 PM

pelmetman - 2017-06-23 7:00 PM

Barry99 would make a lovely Queen B-) .........

I thought John 52 was sitting on the throne?

PJay

Judging by what he posts ;-) .................He is :D .......

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2017-06-23 9:01 PM

pelmetman - 2017-06-23 7:00 PM

Barry99 would make a lovely Queen B-) .........

99? Who's he? Some kind of flake?

When I am "Rock God" King Im having you exiled to Brussels.

You've been devalued coz of BREXIT >:-) .......

Archived