Will the young turn up to vote?

John52

This is not about Left Wing or Right Wing, its about Right or Wrong. The next Prime Minister needs to have 2 urgent conversations

1) With Muslim Youth

2) With the EU

What has become abundantly clear over the last few weeks is Theresa May is not the best candidate to have those conversations. Jeremy Corbyn is. As he says the solution to the IRA crisis was a political one, not a military one. Wheras Theresa May seems to think suicide bombers are 'Cowards' who can be frightened off. Just like Thatcher's disastrous handling of the IRA.

Membership of the Labour Party has doubled since he became leader. The crowds following him around just keep growing. But look at them - they are all youngsters - typically generation rent priced out of a home and fed up with the Establishment. As can be sen by the comments on here, Jeremy Corbyn is still not popular amongst the older generations who are traditionally most likely to vote.

Big question is will these youngsters turn up to vote him in. Or will they do what they always do - say they will vote but don't (?)

Im sure I saw one poll that with a high youth turn out saw the Tories defeated and a hung parliament. One things for sure the young are pretty pished off with their elders. Brexit and the Tories. What a combination for them. At least this one isnt over Glastonbury weekend though huh so you never know.

Ultimately its clear the way the next generation want things so even if they lose out again this time with both the Tories and us leaving the EU its only a matter of time before they are out of government and the country is back in the EU.

Shame you didn't put your pearls of wisdom to Number 10 when Thatcher was in office John you could have saved a lot of lives, and money if you had seeing as you clearly know what was going on and how to resolve it.

Anyway to the question......if they do turn out in numbers that have an effect on the outcome then I will be pleased because apathy pre voting and whining afterwards (as with the EU referendum) is simply childish.  
If they are as apathetic as they were with the EU vote then the simple answer is "you couldn't be bothered and don't like the outcome?.......oh dear, so sad, never mind."

RogerC - 2017-06-06 1:25 PM

Shame you didn't put your pearls of wisdom to Number 10 when Thatcher was in office John you could have saved a lot of lives, and money .......>

Corbyn tried, as he did when he joined the half million of us in the anti Iraq War demonstrations in 2003. He just got labelled a Terrorist Sympathiser

nowtelse2do - 2017-06-06 8:48 PM

Bop - 2017-06-06 6:10 PM

I'm just wondering how many seats will be lost by Labour and the SNP this month.

I reckon:

Labour: -35

SNP: -11

Come on guys, let's have your estimates.

:-D

As above and... -5 Lib :-D

Dave

Cheers Dave, it's so easy to forget about the Libs eh. Let's add them to the list.

Labour: -35

SNP: -11

Lib Dem: -5

Nice figures B-)

Guest pelmetman

I've been telling them, if you don't want the Tories to win you need to put a cross next their candidate >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-06-06 3:29 PM

RogerC - 2017-06-06 1:25 PM

Shame you didn't put your pearls of wisdom to Number 10 when Thatcher was in office John you could have saved a lot of lives, and money .......>

Corbyn tried, as he did when he joined the half million of us in the anti Iraq War demonstrations in 2003. He just got labelled a Terrorist Sympathiser

Yeah the truth hurts dont it >:-) .......

derek pringle - 2017-06-07 8:55 AM

Hi,

It will be interesting to see whether the young vote or not but it does seem more youngsters are getting involved. I hope they do turn out in their droves.

derek

That's if they can get out of bed derek *-)

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2017-06-07 7:28 PM

derek pringle - 2017-06-07 8:55 AM

Hi,

It will be interesting to see whether the young vote or not but it does seem more youngsters are getting involved. I hope they do turn out in their droves.

derek

That's if they can get out of bed derek *-)

Dave

true in lots of cases i suppose but on tv there seems to be plenty of them getting up to go out and listen to Jeremy Corbyn, not many at all-young or old -have been at Theresas gatherings,strictly managed the pundits say.

cheers

derek

Archived