Diesel Filter

Ninian

Hi

I would get it changed soon.

The light has come on because the filter is sufficiently blocked for there to be a pressure drop across the element when the engine is pulling hard. What you will find is that the engine lacks power when you climb steep hills, may be difficult to identify at the moment but it will get more and more noticeable. If you leave it to the next service, (some thousands of miles in the future?) you might find the engine stops altogether before the service.

Some manufacturers don't include the fuel filter as a service item - they only change the filter when the light comes on.

So I would get it changed (or change it yourself).

Trevor

My inclination would be to see if the warning light comes on again next time you use the van and if it does reset the fault code just in case it was an electronic blip, and if it does it again change it, and if it does not do it again carry a spare filter with you when you travel just in case.

Fiat x250? Changing just the filter regularly causes leakages as the tightening of the top is very difficult.

Get a new complete unit from eBay, £80, and just swap it over. Fiat charge £250!. Very simple procedure.

It sounds like water in the filter, possibly a tank of contaminated fuel.

Archived