Horace has clocked a 100000 miles.....

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Or according to my tacho he's done 117 miles B-) ..........

He's now 28 years old 8-) ........

......and he still makes it to Spain every winter :D .......

I wonder how much money I might of spent over the last 26 and a half years if I'd got into the habit of trading up? :D ........

I suspect I'd still be working if I did >:-) ........

The last few posts have referred to "Horace" as an "it" & therein lies the problem. Horace has a name & has been part of the family. (whether a dysfunctional family or not is debatable?)

A vehicle with a name will always be looked after, nurtured and feel wanted so whether it flies floats or drives it should have a name.
I have Mabel, Doris, Bluebell & MadAss.

So no more "its" please, he is the centomillenurian Horace!

Hip hip, hip hip, hip hip, for Horace!

Hi Dave,Sue, Horace has had quite a life! Our van at 11 years old has 47,000 so hoping it sees us to the end!

How's Calpe this winter with the new sites open is anyone still free camping? Don't think it matters how much they build it will always be full?

Don't see you on 365 anymore? We are home this winter!

Regards snail

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-01-13 12:36 PM

lennyhb - 2018-01-13 12:18 PM

Almost run un then. :D

That seems very low for 28 years.

3576 miles a year, to be precise, it's kept in a barn and, if I remember correctly, it's had rather a lot of welding done! Still, well done Horace! :-D

Actually the lot of welding done was a new cross member and front wings ;-) .........

Which if I'm truthful I went a bit overboard with the new front wings :-| .........

As they weren't that bad ;-) .......

1327849757_DSCN2271webrustbeforerepair.jpg.88e1edf01076c8802871231947b0c3f6.jpg

1253752883_DSCN2274webrustbubbleonwheelarch.jpg.20a11ef3f6045b8b87c4aae2aa4360a8.jpg

Guest pelmetman
laimeduck - 2018-01-13 1:07 PMThe last few posts have referred to "Horace" as an "it" & therein lies the problem. Horace has a name & has been part of the family. (whether a dysfunctional family or not is debatable?)

A vehicle with a name will always be looked after, nurtured and feel wanted so whether it flies floats or drives it should have a name.
I have Mabel, Doris, Bluebell & MadAss.

So no more "its" please, he is the centomillenurian Horace!

Hip hip, hip hip, hip hip, for Horace!

Oh I'm definitely dysfunctional when it comes to current thinking Jeremy :D .......But I concur with your thinking re naming vehicles B-) ........Its no longer a "IT" and is treated accordingly ;-) .......sadly consumerism has invented "IT's" *-) .....along with the culture which sadly many folk are slavishly now attached to 8-) .......Fortunately its not me paying the price >:-) .........I doubt old Horace has cost me 4k in actual repair bill's over the last 26.5 years......I'd of lost that much on the first trade in when we went to Earl's Court in 93 8-) .......

Guest pelmetman
StuartO - 2018-01-13 8:33 AMHow about a summary of Horace's history of repairs over the years?  Has it taken much to keephim going?

Blimey a summery of 28 years!! 8-) ........even the tax man didn't go that far back when he investigated me ;-) .......But suffice to say Horace owes me nothing but a debt of gratitude B-) ........He's taken us all around the UK & a fair bit of Europe not to mention Spain, and right down to the very tip of Gibraltar on his first trip South, and has ventured to Spain every winter for the last 7 years, even doing the trip home the last 2 years for Christmas.........Don't ask *-) ......I know its cheaper and quicker to fly, but we have a psycho Spanish mutt called Kira :-| ........

Guest pelmetman
snail - 2018-01-14 9:40 AM

Hi Dave,Sue, Horace has had quite a life! Our van at 11 years old has 47,000 so hoping it sees us to the end!

How's Calpe this winter with the new sites open is anyone still free camping? Don't think it matters how much they build it will always be full?

Don't see you on 365 anymore? We are home this winter!

Regards snail

Calpe campsites are full and the number of free campers hasn't decreased ;-) .........

Why are you in the UK for winter? 8-) ........

It's been a very warm day today.....so much so that two bottles of Rioja have evaporated :D.......

Might get back on 365 one day......Now we qualify ;-) ........

Archived