Spain Next week

Mike B.

Hi All

We are catching the Britanny Ferries 8.45am ferry to Santander next Saturday and staying overnight at the port with a meal at Ship & Castle on Friday-just wondered if anyone else is on same boat/staying at port and would like to meet up for a jar or 2?

We will be heading for Burgos on Sunday if anyone is also heading that way.

Mike

Hi Mike

We are on the 11.45 to Bilbao on Wednesday, going to take a gentle ride down to Albuferia but not sure of the route just yet- it depends on how cold it is! Last time we stopped at Salamanca and it was so cold the electric cable froze!

Have a good trip

Bob

Bojitoes - 2017-01-07 8:17 PM

Hi Mike

We are on the 11.45 to Bilbao on Wednesday, going to take a gentle ride down to Albuferia but not sure of the route just yet- it depends on how cold it is! Last time we stopped at Salamanca and it was so cold the electric cable froze!

Have a good trip

Bob[/quote

hi Bob

Think you'll be in f]ront of us plus going more westerly-we are going Burgos-Aranjuez and on to Med coast.

You have a good trip too

Mike

Barney123 - 2017-01-08 9:29 AM

Hi, we are heading Spain this week, dep Dover Thursday and usual trek down through France, Burgos, Madrid and beyond depending on weather.

We're stopping at Burgos Sunday & Monday 15th & 16TH if you're around on those days-may see you there-following that Aranjuez Tuesday & Wednesday

Mike

Guest pelmetman
fesspark - 2017-01-10 3:39 PM

We are in Javea and the weather is the worst we have had in 35 years in the spanish Algarve area, Freezing cold winds, been here 4 weeks and only seen shorts 3 times, don,t rush the forcast for the next 10days is,nt any better.

Still in shorts in Calpe.......although its cloudy today and cool 8-) .......They've had a lot of rain here though as the place is surprisingly green :D ........

Fortunately most of it arrived whilst we were back in the UK for Christmas......Unfortunately our driveaway awning collapsed due to the glass fibre frame being unable to support the water feature on its roof :'( ........

But hey, its still a hell of a lot better than spending winter in the UK B-) ........

Hi Pelmetman

Are you still in Calpe,

if so are you anywhere near the back of the New Macdonalds and if so have the police/council changed the' free' overnight parking there just next door to the Camping site. Coming in 2nd feb

many thanks

Guest pelmetman
vino - 2017-01-11 6:08 PM

Hi Pelmetman

Are you still in Calpe,

if so are you anywhere near the back of the New Macdonalds and if so have the police/council changed the' free' overnight parking there just next door to the Camping site. Coming in 2nd feb

many thanks

The police have been moving on the free campers on a regular basis from outside the campsite, and those at the back......not that its making much difference the waste ground opposite Lidel must have 20 campers plus on it ;-).......... there's still a few campers leading towards the dead end road off the roundabout where they're building the new campsite so I suspect free campers will be persona non grata once it opens :-S ......

pelmetman - 2017-01-10 3:48 PM

But hey, its still a hell of a lot better than spending winter in the UK B-) ........

D

My neighbour has been in shorts all the time. We had a pleasant sunny day today, no wind. Tomorrow we may get a dusting of the white stuff. How great is that. Its not cost me a penny and I don't have to keep reminding myself where I am. With drinks and sweeties to hand in a nice comfy chair what can be better ?

I'm of the opinion that all you do is look at other Motorhomes all day and try to beat the 'movers on'. I don't see that as a pleasant way of life. It reminds me of watching the regular hop pickers in their horse drawn waggons heading for Kent each year.

Will

Guest pelmetman
Will86 - 2017-01-11 8:11 PM

D

My neighbour has been in shorts all the time. We had a pleasant sunny day today, no wind. Tomorrow we may get a dusting of the white stuff. How great is that. Its not cost me a penny and I don't have to keep reminding myself where I am. With drinks and sweeties to hand in a nice comfy chair what can be better ?

I'm of the opinion that all you do is look at other Motorhomes all day and try to beat the 'movers on'. I don't see that as a pleasant way of life. It reminds me of watching the regular hop pickers in their horse drawn waggons heading for Kent each year.

Will

No moving on for us Will, we're on the campsite ;-) .......

Guest pelmetman
Will86 - 2017-01-12 10:09 AM

D,

I thought you avoided campsites and all means of organisation that dented your wallet. Am I mistaken ?

W

Only in the UK ;-) .......

We travelled from Bilbao after arriving early on Tuesday morning, and are now back in our house near Mojacar. We used a nice quiet aire off the A3 at UCLES, 7 km off the main road, approx an hour south of Madrid, and overlooking the Monastery there. Cold at night, but fine next day and since.

Lovely sunny weather now, 19 to 20 daily temperatures, but cool nights. Forecast for 3 days next week down to -2 at night.

Still, as said, better than the UK at the moment.

There is also a good motorhome and caravan service and accessory place on the Antas estate, run by English and Dutch and very helpful.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-01-18 1:42 PM

Still in shorts in Calpe....

Another nail in the coffin for Calpe, and benefit of holidaying in Britain (lol)

No shorts today 8-) .........

Archived