Stop your van or car from being stolen for 15 £

Kevin1946

You can spend hundreds of £ to stop your van being stolen.for over 40 yeafs I have fitted a two way safety switch into the glove box of every car and van I have had,it takes the power from the fuel pump to the switch when the ignition is on,

position (1)is fuel on

position (2) is to a dash light on,this is to to remind me it is on and prevent me from starting the van and draining the fuel out of the fuel line,If a thief even takes your keys from your house he can't rob your van ,it may start for a couple of seconds & cuts out.If it is petrol It will drive a couple of yards and stop,some of the older carburettor cars will drive 1/4 of a mile before they stop. The two way is best as you see when it is turned on.

I have it in our 2 cars in the glove box and when we turn it on we lock the Pocket.

I have the switch & light fitted in the van but have not traced the fuel pump wire yet.

ANY advice on where it.

is.

Kevin

Kevin/1946 - 2017-10-14 10:27 AM

You can spend hundreds of £ to stop your van being stolen.for over 40 yeafs I have fitted a two way safety switch into the glove box of every car and van I have had,it takes the power from the fuel pump to the switch when the ignition is on,

position (1)is fuel on

position (2) is to a dash light on,this is to to remind me it is on and prevent me from starting the van and draining the fuel out of the fuel line,If a thief even takes your keys from your house he can't rob your van ,it may start for a couple of seconds & cuts out.If it is petrol It will drive a couple of yards and stop,some of the older carburettor cars will drive 1/4 of a mile before they stop. The two way is best as you see when it is turned on.

I have it in our 2 cars in the glove box and when we turn it on we lock the Pocket.

I have the switch & light fitted in the van but have not traced the fuel pump wire yet.

ANY advice on where it.

is.

Kevin

You don't say what van you have - but the most popular is the Ducato/Relay/Boxer.

You can find the diesel pump and connectors under the smaller of the 2 'manhole overs' in the van floor.

But I wouldn't bother because even if you pull thediesel pump connector off you will find the engine will still run indefinately - the diesel being sucked up by the mechanical pump on the engine - unless its extremely cold so the diesel is too thick to pump - or the system has been drained and needs the electric pump to prime it. Just pull the connector off and try it

You are better off interupting another wire with your secret switch eg: connecting the key sensor to the ECU

Archived