truma heating

wardy

Can anyone give me any suggestions to try on my Autotrail Cheyenne 840d 2009,The heating is ok on gas but will not blow warm air on the electric setting I have put a new senser in and will still not work on electric only gas.

wardy

First things first (as Rayjsj asked) what Truma heating system does your Cheyenne 840D have?

The on-line 2008 and 2009 Auto-Trail documentation suggests that your motorhome should have a Trumatic C-6002EH appliance

https://dealernew.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma_Katalog/pdf_verzeichnis/30_000/34010_03500.pdf

but it would be sensible for you to confirm this as, if your motorhome has something else (like a Truma ‘fire’ and separate water-boiler) any advice that might be offered may be for the wrong system.

I’ll assume the heater is a C-6002EH and, as your earlier postings indicate that you’ve owned the Cheyenne for at least a couple of years, you’ll be well aware of how the heater should work when operating in blown-air mode from 230V and how the control-panel switches should be set.

I’m not certain what the ’sensor’ is that you’ve replaced, but if it’s the "room temperature sensor” mentioned in the above link, I can’t see why that should affect 230V air-heating but not gas air-heating. Basically, if the heating system had been reacting as expected when the setting of the room temperature rotary-switch on the control-panel was altered when air-heating via gas was chosen, the room temperature sensor should not have been faulty.

You haven’t said whether the heater will heat water via 230V but, if it won’t air-heat via 230V, it probably won’t water-heat either. (Might be worth checking though...)

If there’s nothing to suggest otherwise, the prime suspect will be failure of the 230V heating elements. This earlier discussion refers

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Truma-C6002EH-blown-heating-elements-/40630/#M489723

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reply Derek, Had to take to dealers in the end and it turned out to be elements in the boiler one had burnt in two, so it turned out to be a pretty big job all the boiler had to come out to replace the elements,

Thanks again for reply.Graham.

Archived