A perfect Brexit Storm

Barryd999

"Failure to reach an agreement with the EU in post-Brexit trade talks could hit Britain's economy three times harder in the long term than coronavirus"

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/no-deal-impact-on-uk-economy-worse-than-coronavirus-93730?fbclid=IwAR3w3cTdODTQ_xpR3mdNdUkiM7_BdYjQ7C9EG5LCju_wyiRDG3wAXMlsnPo

It gets worse.

"Leaked government dossier warns of army street patrols if second Covid-19 wave and no-deal Brexit hit UK at same time"

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/the-sun-publish-cabinet-office-paper-on-impacts-of-brexit-89832

Of course its The New European so Brexiteers will simply dismiss it and not read it. Its more "project fear" they will say but can anyone see a rosy side to all of this because I certainly cant?

I dont remember talk of power outages, supplies having to be air dropped and the military having to be deployed to keep law and order when Johnson was out promoting the Sunlit uplands.

What was that David Davis said about a Dystopian landscape when nobody had even thought such a thing? 8-)

Barryd999 - 2020-09-23 10:46 AM

Of course its The New European so Brexiteers will simply dismiss it and not read it. Its more "project fear" they will say but can anyone see a rosy side to all of this because I certainly cant?

The ' upside ' of putting Brexit some months behind us will be that the gross/ wild exaggerations from both sides will stop.

( ............. and Dave will, hopefully, stop wasting space on the forum with his obsessional Brexit countdown )..

;-)

p.s Although - come to think of it - I doubt if Dave will know when we are finally out of the EU.

I dont remember talk of power outages, supplies having to be air dropped and the military having to be deployed to keep law and order when Johnson was out promoting the Sunlit uplands.

The Brexit adherents aren't allowed to read anything which challenges 'the cause'. Gove has mailed the UK freight industry warning them of two day delays and '7000 truck long queues'.

malc d - 2020-09-23 11:20 AM

The ' upside ' of putting Brexit some months behind us will be that the gross/ wild exaggerations from both sides will stop.

( ............. and Dave will, hopefully, stop wasting space on the forum with his obsessional Brexit countdown )..

;-)

Doubtful, ever since he discovered numbered keys on his keypad it excites him.....along with his CBeebies cartoon.

p.s Although - come to think of it - I doubt if Dave will know when we are finally out of the EU.

Every time anything Brexity goes all tits up Pelmet will blame it on the EU irrespective of us being in or out. :-|

Bulletguy - 2020-09-23 2:43 PM

;-)

Doubtful, ever since he discovered numbered keys on his keypad it excites him.....along with his CBeebies cartoon.

Every time anything Brexity goes all tits up Pelmet will blame it on the EU irrespective of us being in or out. :-|

..... and likewise, I suspect that Remainiacs will blame anything that goes wrong, on Brexit, for years to come.

:-(

Bulletguy - 2020-09-23 2:36 PM

The Brexit adherents aren't allowed to read anything which challenges 'the cause'. Gove has mailed the UK freight industry warning them of two day delays and '7000 truck long queues'.

Yes I noticed him shifting the onus and blame towards them if they dont get their systems in order. Trouble is the IT systems have absolutely no chance of being ready anyway if they are only going into testing in October November. I used to design "software test packs" for bespoke software a long time ago in another life. To give you just one example a bespoke CRM (Customer relationship management) system for an international Franchise I worked for took at least a year in development and almost as long testing, debugging and redeveloping before it was launched. Our entire boarder control and customs systems for the entire country, commercial and domestic I suspect will be somewhat more complex 8-) yet its only going into testing a few weeks before it goes live. (lol) Ferkin ell! Good luck with that.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-23 3:54 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-09-23 2:36 PM

Yes I noticed him shifting the onus and blame towards them if they dont get their systems in order. Trouble is the IT systems have absolutely no chance of being ready anyway if they are only going into testing in October November.

The French got themselves into gear over two years ago recruiting and training extra staff. :-|

https://www.voanews.com/europe/french-customs-hire-hundreds-extra-staff-cope-brexit

To patrol anything more than a few cities we had better go on a big recruitment drive for the army, mind you some conspiracy theories say we will have military patrols in mid October, and it's all part of a big scheme to control the whole world with cv-19 as a excuse. :-S

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2020-09-23 3:19 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-09-23 2:43 PM

;-)

..... and likewise, I suspect that Remainiacs will blame anything that goes wrong, on Brexit, for years to come.

:-(

Blimey Malc 8-) ..........Your old unbiased self is showing :D ........

• 2 weeks later...

More damming reports from respected financial law firm Baker & McKenzie.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-economy/covid-19-and-no-deal-brexit-could-cost-uk-134-billion-pounds-a-year-baker-mckenzie-idUKKBN26Q0G5?fbclid=IwAR3rx-X26SGpiifLj0B3S34lIG37LTvAJfAIRk3syLRoP-gypTuH4N4OTic

The figures are utterly staggering.

One things for sure looking at that the hopes of the Brexiteers thinking they could get away with blaming covid for it all going titties up next year are well and truly trounced.

Barryd999 - 2020-10-06 6:33 PM

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-economy/covid-19-and-no-deal-brexit-could-cost-uk-134-billion-pounds-a-year-baker-mckenzie-idUKKBN26Q0G5?fbclid=IwAR3rx-X26SGpiifLj0B3S34lIG37LTvAJfAIRk3syLRoP-gypTuH4N4OTic

One things for sure looking at that the hopes of the Brexiteers thinking they could get away with blaming covid for it all going titties up next year are well and truly trounced.

Pelmets inherited house and old van won't even make a scratch into that but they can go into the payback asset pot. Plenty of park benches around for the idlers to sleep on.

If this happens then you are entitled to have your ghasts flabbered. But just remember that all the Doomsday predictions that were supposed to come true if the vote was to leave have never come true, and these might not either.

But you believe what you want to if it makes you feel better / more intelligent / superior*

* Delete as appropriate

Nicepix - 2020-10-06 7:43 PM

But just remember that all the Doomsday predictions that were supposed to come true if the vote was to leave have never come true, and these might not either.

We should also remember that we haven't totally left yet - and haven't got a deal yet - so it's a bit early to tell.

I reckon it will be a year or two before we will be able to assess the losses or benefits.

:-|

If this happens then you are entitled to have your ghasts flabbered. But just remember that all the Doomsday predictions that were supposed to come true if the vote was to leave have never come true, and these might not either.

But you believe what you want to if it makes you feel better / more intelligent / superior*

It's just a tad hypocritical coming from you in the security of the EU country you chose to reside in and reap the benefits it brings which idiots here threw down the pan. If you think life is going to be so bloody marvelous in Brexit Britain then ship yourself back here to live your "dream". Funny but there seems to be a few immigrant Brits who indulge the same hypocrisy, some who even helped create the sh1tstorm, but then ran off with no intention of staying in the country they claimed to 'love'. *-)

malc d - 2020-10-06 8:44 PM

But just remember that all the Doomsday predictions that were supposed to come true if the vote was to leave have never come true, and these might not either.

We should also remember that we haven't totally left yet - and haven't got a deal yet - so it's a bit early to tell.

I reckon it will be a year or two before we will be able to assess the losses or benefits.

:-|

Which makes the losses and economic damage already incurred even more chilling. Almost half a million jobs lost due to Brexit as of 31st January 2020. Some of those will certainly have lost their homes as well as their livelihoods.

https://smallbusinessprices.co.uk/brexit-index/

* Delete as appropriate

All the Doomsday predictions? Do you mean the likes of Osbourne's interpretations? How about Brexit knocking off the economy since 2016 more money than we ever paid into Europe as members in 47 years and as mentioned the half a million jobs lost and effectively as also said we haven't properly left yet.

Anyone that still thinks Brexit and especially with Johnson breaking international law and his so called Oven Ready Brexit deal is not going to be massively damaging is frankly mad.

Guest pelmetman

Given that you Losers think that all Northerners have changed their minds about Brexit based on the opinion of just 49% of 391 Northern voters 8-) .........

I'll treat your latest Loser scaremongering with the contempt it deserves :D .........

Besides I've heard that the Germans have deffo decided they need us more than we need them >:-) .......

Which is not surprising when you consider how many basketcase economies they have to support.......

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.1b057334c20e37c83805b596e9432abc.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-10-07 9:49 AM

Given that you Losers think that all Northerners have changed their minds about Brexit based on the opinion of just 49% of 391 Northern voters 8-) .........

I'll treat your latest Loser scaremongering with the contempt it deserves :D .........

Besides I've heard that the Germans have deffo decided they need us more than we need them >:-) .......

Which is not surprising when you consider how many basketcase economies they have to support.......

LOL! Dont shoot the messenger.

Baker McKenzie[4] is a multinational law firm. Founded as Baker & McKenzie, in 1949, the firm is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, with 77 offices in 46 countries, and over 6,000 lawyers worldwide. Baker McKenzie is one of the largest law firms in the world by headcount and revenue.[5][6]

Since 2010, Baker McKenzie has been recognised by the Acritas Global Elite Law Firm Brand Index as the strongest law firm brand in the world, and the top law firm in the world for multinational M&As.[7][8] In 2019, Baker McKenzie achieved a record revenue of US$2.92 billion, an increase in revenue of 40% since 2010.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baker_McKenzie

I suppose they are experts though and the country has had enough of experts! *-)

LMFAO.gif.f7c55f769e4265212d81c5dc9f5be6a1.gif

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-10-07 1:23 PM

Baker McKenzie[4] is a multinational law firm. Founded as Baker & McKenzie, in 1949, the firm is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, with 77 offices in 46 countries, and over 6,000 lawyers worldwide. Baker McKenzie is one of the largest law firms in the world by headcount and revenue.[5][6]

Since 2010, Baker McKenzie has been recognised by the Acritas Global Elite Law Firm Brand Index as the strongest law firm brand in the world, and the top law firm in the world for multinational M&As.[7][8] In 2019, Baker McKenzie achieved a record revenue of US$2.92 billion, an increase in revenue of 40% since 2010.[9]

I suppose they are experts though and the country has had enough of experts! *-)

Silly me ;-) ..........

I'd forgotton about those Chicago experts *-) ..........

Blimey you Losers are struggling if you have to flag up the scaremongering of Spiv Lawyers........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.0ad999eb4303e324eea3cd52a6204684.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-10-07 2:13 PM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/12849440/germany-needs-brexit-deal/

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.9e302cb4aa050e8c6713582a3c57c210.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-10-07 3:52 PM

The Sun? 8-) *-) You've scraped the barrel in desperation. (lol)(lol)

From a more credible sourced media;

.....it would be dangerous and self-defeating to agree a Brexit deal that undermines the single market. As the Germans see it, allowing the UK tariff and quota-free access to that market — while exempting the country from the EU’s state-aid regulations and border controls — would pose an unacceptable threat to Europe’s legal order, prosperity and unity. There is also the question of trust. If Boris Johnson’s UK government rips up a deal agreed nine months ago, what is the point of negotiating any further with them?

https://www.ft.com/content/e9b7b193-47d4-4887-abe1-2c12f344922a

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-10-07 4:09 PM

.....it would be dangerous and self-defeating to agree a Brexit deal that undermines the single market. As the Germans see it, allowing the UK tariff and quota-free access to that market — while exempting the country from the EU’s state-aid regulations and border controls — would pose an unacceptable threat to Europe’s legal order, prosperity and unity. There is also the question of trust. If Boris Johnson’s UK government rips up a deal agreed nine months ago, what is the point of negotiating any further with them?

Oh I see your Loser media is more credible than my Brexiteer media?...........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.cdc911f0c729cf7a8bc92b05f1a8d9e6.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-10-07 3:49 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-10-07 1:23 PM

Silly me ;-) ..........

I'd forgotton about those Chicago experts *-) ..........

Blimey you Losers are struggling if you have to flag up the scaremongering of Spiv Lawyers........

Do you realise how stupid you look saying that and then posting a "They need us more than we need them" article from "A source" in the Sun? (lol)

Baker McKenzie are a multinational company, the biggest in the world in their field I believe with locations in both London, Belfast and 76 other locations around the world. I actually suspect if Johnson turned around and said "You know what? Brexit is a bit sh1t and will destroy the economy" you would still probably ignore it.

pelmetman - 2020-10-07 4:19 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-10-07 4:09 PM

Oh I see your Loser media is more credible than my Brexiteer media?...........

I have more faith in articles from the FT than the Brexit comics you turn to. You haven't got much left now as more right wing conservative media has finally woken up and turned against Johnson and his cronies after realising he's no leader and the worst PM this country has had.

Archived