Another Brexit casualty

John52

John52 - 2019-08-14 4:09 PM

So Prudential is spending £350 million on splitting its business so its main business can be based outside the UK :-(

More lies from desperate Remoaners. It's nothing to do with Brexit and both companies will be headquartered in the UK and listed on the UK stock market.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2018/mar/14/prudential-to-split-into-two-companies-to-target-asia

Good try though.

Guest pelmetman
FunsterJohn - 2019-08-14 3:16 PM

So Prudential is spending £350 million on splitting its business so its main business can be based outside the UK :-(

More lies from desperate Remoaners. It's nothing to do with Brexit and both companies will be headquartered in the UK and listed on the UK stock market.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2018/mar/14/prudential-to-split-into-two-companies-to-target-asia

Good try though.

I wonder if Peter/James/John knows where Asia is? :D .............

Good try though.

Oh Dear *-)

Their salesmen have to say its not Brexit related because they want to sell to both sides Brexiteers and Remainers.

What would be the point of spending £350 million splitting the company if both parts were still going to be run from the same place *-)

John52 - 2019-08-14 6:17 PM

Good try though.

Oh Dear *-)

Their salesmen have to say its not Brexit related because they want to sell to both sides Brexiteers and Remainers.

What would be the point of spending £350 million splitting the company if both parts were still going to be run from the same place *-)

Do you know, I could have sworn that the article explained it all. Was it too complicated for you?

John52 - 2019-08-14 6:37 PM

I'll try again

What would be the point of spending £350 million splitting the company if both parts were still going to be run from the same place

I'll try again. It's all explained in the article. And it also says that this was considered years ago.

I don't claim to know better than Prudential as to how to run their business. Do you?

Many huge companies split into more than one division to enable them to focus properly on different markets and it's interesting that the City isn't claiming that it's about Brexit.

Didn't you know that many firms have more than one company? I thought you were an investor?

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-14 5:46 PM

John52 - 2019-08-14 6:37 PM

I'll try again

What would be the point of spending £350 million splitting the company if both parts were still going to be run from the same place

I'll try again. It's all explained in the article. And it also says that this was considered years ago.

I don't claim to know better than Prudential as to how to run their business. Do you?

Many huge companies split into more than one division to enable them to focus properly on different markets and it's interesting that the City isn't claiming that it's about Brexit.

Didn't you know that many firms have more than one company? I thought you were an investor?

Might be easier to get a kid to draw some pictures to explain it to John/Peter/James ... Looks like hes really struggling

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-08-14 5:37 PM

I'll try again

I'll try again ;-) .........

Have you worked out where Asia is yet? :D ...........

Archived