But but but Dave said Construction was booming!!

Barryd999

Well well well! It seems not for many

"Hundreds of UK construction companies go bankrupt every month as material prices rise and the pool of skilled workers shrinks after Brexit.

According to the latest report, an average of 266 companies collapsed each month in the three months to October, the highest number since before the pandemic, an increase of 29% over the previous quarter."

https://londonnewstime.com/hundreds-of-uk-construction-collapse-every-month/653641/

Barryd999 - 2022-01-19 9:27 AM

"Hundreds of UK construction companies go bankrupt every month as material prices rise and the pool of skilled workers shrinks after Brexit.

Which means they are even more reluctant to work for Pelmethead (lol)

from which he concludes construction must be booming (lol)

Guest pelmetman

According to the latest report, an average of 266 companies collapsed each month in the three months to October, the highest number since before the pandemic, an increase of 29% over the previous quarter."

https://londonnewstime.com/hundreds-of-uk-construction-collapse-every-month/653641/

All the decent builders are booked up ;-) ..........

Plus our builders worked for a daily rate and I paid for the materials directly, as even I could see it was impossible for them to give a price for the job in a pandemic *-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-19 11:10 AM

Horace's shed is taking longer than the Sagrada Familia to construct.

Horace has been snug as a bug in his Horace House for weeks B-) ...........

If you dont believe me you could always put your wad where your gob is >:-) .........

We all know he just makes up stories as he fumbles along frantically trying to spin Brexit into "sunlit uplands"......his cloud cuckoo fantasy island.

Meantime in the REAL world, (from that link) a Hull-based builder with 114 employees and sales of £ 83m went into control, and subcontractors and suppliers faced millions of pounds of unpaid invoices. :-(

The sharp rise in shipping prices of construction products from China over the last 18 months has added to the cost of contractors. The cost of a 40-foot container from China to Northern Europe was $1,500 in the summer of 2020, but was $14,200 at the beginning of January 2022. 8-)

A price increase of a whopping $12,700 and guess whose going to pay for that? More "winning". *-)

Prices for some commodities have fallen in the past few months, but overall material costs for the three months to October 2021 are 21% higher than the previous year. :-(

pelmetman - 2022-01-19 3:17 PM

Weeks you say?

Now last November you said it was all finished.

Like Johnson your lies are catching up with you.

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-19 3:37 PM

Weeks you say?

I reckon he'll see that as a compliment! (lol)

pelmetman - 2022-01-19 3:15 PM

Plus our builders worked for a daily rate and I paid for the materials directly, as even I could see it was impossible for them to give a price for the job in a pandemic *-) ..........

And your point is? *-)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2022-01-19 4:49 PM

And your point is? *-)

The point is your LOSER link is trying to make one quarters figures add up to a construction industry crash *-) .........

When all it adds to is the pile of Bullsh1t you LOSERS are trying to spread >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 9:25 AM

And your point is? *-)

The point is your LOSER link is trying to make one quarters figures add up to a construction industry crash *-) .........

When all it adds to is the pile of Bullsh1t you LOSERS are trying to spread >:-) .......

Only 15% of construction executives supported leaving the EU and now we see why. Massive shortage of labour, spiraling costs and delays and these figures were before the introduction of inward checks which started on Jan 1 this year. So with that in mind how do you think its going to go for construction moving forward? I dont think anyone said it was a Construction industry "Crash" but how would you describe 266 construction companies going out of business every month due to your batty Brexit? Not sure you can call it a Brexit success story.

Barryd999 - 2022-01-20 11:08 AM

And your point is? *-)

Only 15% of construction executives supported leaving the EU and now we see why. Massive shortage of labour, spiraling costs and delays and these figures were before the introduction of inward checks which started on Jan 1 this year. So with that in mind how do you think its going to go for construction moving forward? I dont think anyone said it was a Construction industry "Crash" but how would you describe 266 construction companies going out of business every month due to your batty Brexit? Not sure you can call it a Brexit success story.

In the world of Planet Pinocchio trashing businesses and putting thousands of folk out of work is a "success". :-S

Look how gleeful he was as he cooed about the 7000 workers of Honda being "better off with Brexit", but when challenged to stand at the factory gates telling them that, the yellow streaked coward ran off. :-|

Guest pelmetman

And your point is? *-)

Maybe those 266 companies relied on cheap EU labour ;-) ..........

Would you employ a builder that was available next week? :-| ........

I wouldn't 8-) ........

Guest pelmetman

And your point is? *-)

Only 15% of construction executives supported leaving the EU and now we see why.

Exactly ;-) ...........

They now have to pay their BRITISH LABOUR A DECENT WAGE B-) ........

Which is just one of the reasons why I as a Brexiteer voted for Brexit :D .......

Coz I'm not a SELFISH Remoaner >:-) .........

Weeks you say?

Silence is golden....

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-20 7:44 PM

Weeks you say?

Silence is golden....

Yes ......Horace's house was finished back in November ;-) ........

We still have a few internal jobs to do along with extending our parking area :D ........

Not to mention the outside kitchen up at the summer house overlooking the beach B-) ...........

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 7:53 PM

Weeks you say?

Silence is golden....

We still have a few internal jobs to do like paintin' the dado rail and plungerin' the bog drain cuz of all my crap. :D ........

Not to mention the outside barbeque up by the shed overlooking the sewage outflow. B-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2022-01-20 8:37 PM

Weeks you say?

Silence is golden....

We still have a few internal jobs to do like paintin' the dado rail and plungerin' the bog drain cuz of all my crap. :D ........

Not to mention the outside barbeque up by the shed overlooking the sewage outflow. B-) ...........

If you think you know where I live Bulls**t ;-) .......

Then you'll know how much my shed is worth >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 8:47 PM

Weeks you say?

Silence is golden....

I'm not the least bit interested in more tales from Pinocchio. *-)

You have an unhealthy obsession with boasting about the price of material objects, most of which is plucked from that little fantasy world you inhabit.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2022-01-20 9:50 PM

Weeks you say?

Silence is golden....

You have an unhealthy obsession with boasting about the price of material objects, most of which is plucked from that little fantasy world you inhabit.

Unfortunately for you I no longer have a business and a phone number you can ring at 4am >:-) ........

Pehaps you can pay me a visit? ;-) ........

But I hope you can run quicker than my dog :D ........

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 9:59 PM

Unfortunately for you I no longer have a business and a phone number you can ring at 4am >:-) ........

I doubt anyone would want to phone you at all let alone at 4am. Give that round thing on your stump a jolt because your frontal lobe is back in fairytale land again. :-|

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2022-01-20 11:00 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 9:59 PM

I doubt anyone would want to phone you at all let alone at 4am. Give that round thing on your stump a jolt because your frontal lobe is back in fairytale land again. :-|

Well someone from the forum used to make early morning phone calls to Birdy :-| ..........

Now which member has a history of posting on here early in the morning? >:-) .........

Archived